Someone help!? :(

MathersMahmood

Bronze Level Poster
Hello everyone. I purchased a PC from PCS and its all fine but today when i tried to plug in a usb for the first time in the front part of the tower i noticed that the USB 3 slot is not flush. It's like its fallen out or not been properly put in while building. Im really worried can someone tell me what to do? Will they correct this?

Thank you

IMG_3839[1].jpg

:(

MathersMahmood

Bronze Level Poster
Yes,they will probably arrange an RMA if you can't fix it yourself,assuming you're under warranty.

Ok thats good to know i was getting worried because i payed a great amount of money for this pc and i am under warranty it only arrived on monday.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Yes ive still got the packaging and everything, what was the problem with yours?
Long story,I had to have my desktop completely rebuilt,through no fault of PCS or myself I hasten to add.
It was just one of those things that couldn't be picked up through the testing procedure and only happened when I used the computer in situ,something was causing a static discharge every time I touched the computer causing it to restart,apparently a one off PCS had never seen before,but they were great about it and sorted everything out. :)

Last edited:

MathersMahmood

Bronze Level Poster
Long story,I had to have my desktop completely rebuilt,through no fault of PCS or myself I hasten to add.
It was just one of those things that couldn't be picked up through the testing procedure and only happened when I used the computer in situ,something was causing a static discharge every time I touched the computer causing it to restart,apparently a one off PCS had never seen before,but they were great about it and sorted everything out. :)

Thats good to know hopefully theyll sort my issue out :)

MathersMahmood

Bronze Level Poster
Ive taken a look at the tower and the problem is that the USB 3 slots are part of the tower so they are built in. So whoever was making it didnt check the case so this cannot be repaired over the phone because it is built into the case. Theyll have to replace the case and put my parts into a new one. Will they do this?

MathersMahmood

Bronze Level Poster
If they can't repair your current case then yes they will. But there is a chance it can be repaired.

Thanks for the reply. I just don't want them to say that they wont replace it because they did not make the case. My monitor has some dead pixels and they said they wouldn't replace it that's why im worried.

steaky360

The monitor issue is different unfortunately (there are an 'acceptable' amount of dead pixels sadly). PCS's reasons for not replacing that won't be 'because they didn't make it', they don't make any of the components in the PC themselves. They just put them together and test them.

I would imagine however that you could get behind the USB port and see if it is loose in the housing, it might just need pushing in properly. Otherwise PCS will be able to replace it itself or the whole case if necessary.

MathersMahmood

Bronze Level Poster
The monitor issue is different unfortunately (there are an 'acceptable' amount of dead pixels sadly). PCS's reasons for not replacing that won't be 'because they didn't make it', they don't make any of the components in the PC themselves. They just put them together and test them.

I would imagine however that you could get behind the USB port and see if it is loose in the housing, it might just need pushing in properly. Otherwise PCS will be able to replace it itself or the whole case if necessary.

Ok thank you for the reply. Ive already checked the whole housing is covered in plastic the only thing that is accessible is the wires that need to be connected. Not a very good design choice because you literally cant get to those usb 3 slots

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
My monitor has some dead pixels and they said they wouldn't replace it that's why im worried.

Manufacturer's of Monitors and LCD/LED displays all follow the ISO standard for dead pixel allowances. Sadly if your monitor has a single dead pixel or not enough dead pixels to classify as faulty under the ISO standard then sadly the manufacturers will not deem it as faulty and not replace it.
Also if it is an external monitor then we would suggest you deal with the manufacturer directly as they can normally offer a quicker turn around.