Souncard

Tony1951

Silver Level Poster
Hi have had my new computer for a couple of weeks now. Everything is ok but am disappointed with sound. Last computer had a creative soundcard, but this time went for on board sound.
I have noticed that the volume levels from the speakers need to be much higher. I am looking now to get a sound card anybody suggest a good one around £60.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
the titanium one that PCS offer is very good thats £59 and you can buy it from PCS if you phone up

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
I have the reverse situation, my old PC had on-board sound & this one has a sound card.

I think mine is pretty much the same as the £59 option, there is a huge difference in quality.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Do you still have your old PC as you could just move the soundcard into your new PC.

Tony1951

Silver Level Poster
I have given my old computer to my son. The sound card in that one was not as expensive as the titanium card.
there are a few spare slots

Tony1951

Silver Level Poster
ok soundcard arrived today taken side panel off computer 3 available pci slots but board will not actually fit.
Have i got the wrong one or am i just being simple

Tony1951

Silver Level Poster
cannot find a spare one i have a usb3 card in one and the graphics card hides the other one

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You should really have checked you had a spare slot as suggested earlier,
I can only suggest you take out the USB3 card.
pretty sure the M5A87 motherboard
you appear to have has 2 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue) anyway.

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Sorry,didn't mean to offend you.
you should still be ok though if you take out the USB3 card,
I think you will have 2 USB3 ports on the motherboard.

Tony1951

Silver Level Poster
No Vanthus you did not offend me. I am really annoyed with myself. You are right about usb3 on motherboard so have gone with your suggestion. Card now
working just waiting for latest downloads before i try it out. Any way you deserve +1 to rep.To be entirely honest i was suprised the extra card was there,
after changing the spec about 20 times i thought i had removed it.

Tony1951

Silver Level Poster
Right thats it everything is working tried witcher 2 the difference is quite remarkable. With on board sound a lot of the background noise merged.
With the new soundcard you could hear many individual noises. If you put volume levels up to the level of onboard sound it would blow your
ear drums. Without headphones you would upset neighbours. A definite purchase in my opinion.