Sound card issues

morowe

Bronze Level Poster
Hey,

I've had my computer a while now but still not sorted this issue out.

I have a Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium sound card fitted on a Asus rampage IV extreme. But it's never worked..
The mobo has a fairly decent 7.1 on board so I decided to just wright it off and deal with it when I had more time.

For a while the sound card would blue screen occasionally and the sound would be scratchy harsh and unlistenable. When I clicked the Button to test speakers connected it would blue screen straight away.

I decided to update drivers and it fixed the blue screen issue. However I'm still left with an apauling scratchy and echoing noise quality. But stranger still it will slow my computer down when a speaker or headphones were pluggedin. It would continue to slow dOwn untill my cOmputer was unresponsive (a matter of minutes) and eventually need a restart.

I have tried several different devices and it effects the headphone port on the front panel too.

During testing it I have ears it work crisply and well a few times for a couple minutes and the quality it produced at those times was so good I'm desperate to get it back!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have you tried disabling the on board sound in device manager or bios when using the Creative sound card.Failing that try a clean install of the Creative driver/software,if no joy,It's possible the sound card is faulty,if bought from PCS & still under warranty give tech support a call.

Buzz

Master
I would try

going into control panel and remove your creative device fully from within programs and features. Shut down comp

Remove sound card itself fully making sure to remove the power completely from computer first and if at all possible grounding yourself before touching the sound card.

Turn back on computer and download cccleaner and run it and clean your computer.

Run Cmd prompt as admin and type in pnputil.exe -e. Run through the list and make sure you have no creative drivers showing up. If you do

type pnputil.exe -d -f Oem#.inf and make sure to replace the # with the number of the .inf file you want to remove and restart again.

On restart go into BIOS and make sure onboard sound is disabled and once restarted double check all other sound devices are disabled in sound within control panel. Just right click any device and disable.

Then download SBRL_PCDRV_LB_3_00_1004.exe and install and restart after installation.