speaker/spec check?

Sound card spec and logitech speakers

i am about to purchase the Logitech Z-2300 2.1 system and was wondering would a sound card besides 'standard' be worth paying for with this spec?

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-950 (3.06GHz)
ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3
6GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz
1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX460
60GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)
1TB WD CAVIAR greem
10x BLU-RAY Re-writer DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW

Power Supply & Case Cooling
CORSAIR 650W PSU (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
INTEL SOCKET LGA1366 STANDARD CPU COOLER

I like watching movies and listening to music. no games.

do these speakers require voltage/signals received through the subwoofer? because i may want to turn the sub off from time to time and just use the speakers

i mean if it was a 5.1 or 7.1 setup i would understand but 2.1? perhaps?

Last edited:

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
I think it's probably would be worth it since listening to music and watching films are are priorities, you could change to RAM to 1333mhz (don't need 1600mhz unless you're overclocking) to re allocate some money towards a soundcard. I would have thought that you would need the subwoofer switched on for the speakers to produce a balanced sound but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
The sub can be turned off,as for a sound card i dont think its worth getting.If you only want to listen to music,onboard is good enough for 2.1 system, but thats just my opinion.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I am aware the sound is connected through the sub, but if you'd like to turn off the sub you can just turn the setting down so it's not producing any bass.

You don't need to invest in an expensive soundcards for this configuration.

I think it's probably would be worth it since listening to music and watching films are are priorities, you could change to RAM to 1333mhz (don't need 1600mhz unless you're overclocking) to re allocate some money towards a soundcard. I would have thought that you would need the subwoofer switched on for the speakers to produce a balanced sound but I could be wrong.

sorry the spec would mainly be for photo-editing, photoshop/illustrator ect and then for watching movies/music. I went ahead and bought the speakers2days ago and i get some sweet sound, they do need the sub switched on to work i just turn down the bass down at night.
Im not going to overclock as i have no idea how to. would it still be suitable at 1600mhz if its for the photoedit applications?????

As far as I am aware the sound is connected through the sub, but if you'd like to turn off the sub you can just turn the setting down so it's not producing any bass.

You don't need to invest in an expensive soundcards for this configuration.

appreciate the feedback i bought the speakers and i turn down the bass at the main controls, the quality is great on my standard sound card. now to order the above system!!!

Last edited:

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Well you can use 1600mhz RAM but it's a bit pointless really, the build you posted above will be fine for what you want to do. The GTX460 comes with a HDMI port :)

Well you can use 1600mhz RAM but it's a bit pointless really, the build you posted above will be fine for what you want to do. The GTX460 comes with a HDMI port :)

okay. i appreciate the feedback phoenix one more thing i understand usb ports 4@back and 2@front... i would like 1-2 more at the front what could you suggest?