Speakers not working with PC

Rk1012

I recently borrowed some speakers from my brother for use with my new computer. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solutions-1...ndefined&sr=1-100&keywords=acoustic+solutions

On the back of the speakers, the only connection is a speaker jack (headphone connection, not sure its proper name). I bought a 3.5mm male-to-male audio cable to use with the speakers. I have tried plugging them into the front of my pc, and the green line-out audio port in the back, but no sound is working. If I go onto Spotify, it gives me an error about my sound card not working.

- Headphones work properly with my PC in both audio ports
- The speakers work if I plug my iPhone into them (there is a dock on top of the speakers, but it also works using the audio cable I purchased)
- If I watch the volume levels (green bar that goes up when sound is played) for my speakers in the Playback Devices options, it goes up whenever audio is played so it is recognising the connection to the speakers

Can anybody think of any reasons why the speakers work with my iPhone but not my PC?

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Try this,right click on the speaker icon in the right corner of the taskbar/ select playback devices,select speakers and set as as default /apply.