[Spec] Gaming rig build, suggestions?

LFC908

Bronze Level Poster
Trying to stay around £905 but anything better/lower would be appreciated

Case
CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 300R COMPACT GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
AMD FX-4170 Quad Core CPU (4.20GHz/4MB CACHE/AM3+)

Motherboard
ASUS® M5A99X EVO R2.0 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s,CrossFireX/SLI, Windows 8)

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
3GB AMD RADEON™ HD7950 - DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69)

Processor Cooling
Corsair H40 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler (£39)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY V2013 - 1 Year + 5GB Online Backup (£10)

Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Nice gaming rig,you could save yourself £20 by downgrading the CPU cooler to the Triple Copper Heatpipe and if not planning on adding another 7950 in crossfire you could downgrade the motherboard to an ASUS® M5A97 R2.0(DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s, Windows 8 Ready,saving another £35.Don't forget at least silver warranty for £5 though.

kruppsy

Master
Nice gaming rig,you could save yourself £20 by downgrading the CPU cooler to the Triple Copper Heatpipe and if not planning on adding another 7950 in crossfire you could downgrade the motherboard to an ASUS® M5A97 R2.0(DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s, Windows 8 Ready,saving another £35.Don't forget at least silver warranty for £5 though.

I was about to post the same, you beat me! Although not listed the ASUS® M5A97 R2.0 will Crossfire though

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/

PCS should add it to the description imo

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I was about to post the same, you beat me! Although not listed the ASUS® M5A97 R2.0 will Crossfire though

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/

PCS should add it to the description imo
I'm just going by the configurator,when you select two graphics cards with this motherboard the configurator gives this message,"Unfortunately the motherboard you have selected does not support 2 graphics cards"

kruppsy

Master
I'm just going by the configurator,when you select two graphics cards with this motherboard the configurator gives this message,"Unfortunately the motherboard you have selected does not support 2 graphics cards"

Odd, I wonder why if the tech specs say its supported? Its worth knowing, I don't want to mis-inform from here on...

kruppsy

Master
Odd, I wonder why if the tech specs say its supported? Its worth knowing, I don't want to mis-inform from here on...

I've sussed it. The 2nd PCIex16 only runs at x4 which isn't good enough for current cards in Crossfire.

Re-arrange this well known sentence 'Coat get I'll my'....

LFC908

Bronze Level Poster

Great thanks! Not entirely sure if I will have the funds yet but I've been wanting to build a gaming PC for two years, next month is my 18th birthday so with the money I've been saving from work and birthday money I hope I have enough hahaha