Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Today, got the new The Beatles - 1962-1966 remaster done by Giles Martin. This was always previously on 2 disks, but is 3 in this as has 12 additional tracks. It partnered with the Blue album that was 1967-70 but I have most of those on box sets anyway. I really only wanted this for Twist and Shout which I didn't have.

Scan from 2024-01-28 07_25_50 PM.jpg

And then a friend of my parents was getting rid of some old records, had gone to a local record store who turned them away. They're all classical, a couple of Jazz records like Eartha Kit and Count Basie which I'll keep, and had some original presses of a Winnie the Poo and The Jungle Book, in those days Disney used to include a story book in the center of the gatefold cover. They're in excellent condition too which is hard to find, they're not worth anything, but I really like them as collectibles.

But this one on the top is a 7 disk box set, the record shop either didn't see it or didn't know what it was because it's worth a good price. I've gone back to him and let him know in case he wants to sell it privately. It's in Mint condition too apart from a bit of wear in the corners of the box but the records are pristine.

Scan from 2024-01-28 07_27_21 PM.jpg

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Today, got the new The Beatles - 1962-1966 remaster done by Giles Martin. This was always previously on 2 disks, but is 3 in this as has 12 additional tracks. It partnered with the Blue album that was 1967-70 but I have most of those on box sets anyway. I really only wanted this for Twist and Shout which I didn't have.

View attachment 40049

And then a friend of my parents was getting rid of some old records, had gone to a local record store who turned them away. They're all classical, a couple of Jazz records like Eartha Kit and Count Basie which I'll keep, and had some original presses of a Winnie the Poo and The Jungle Book, in those days Disney used to include a story book in the center of the gatefold cover. They're in excellent condition too which is hard to find, they're not worth anything, but I really like them as collectibles.

But this one on the top is a 7 disk box set, the record shop either didn't see it or didn't know what it was because it's worth a good price. I've gone back to him and let him know in case he wants to sell it privately. It's in Mint condition too apart from a bit of wear in the corners of the box but the records are pristine.

View attachment 40050

i bet the beatles one cost a fair bit

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I don't have much hifi gear at all anymore unfortunately - gave my Technics SL1200 deck away many years ago when I was living out of hotels.

Only bought it because I worked at a hi-fi shop in the late 80s and it was an one-off, open-box, repaired item discounted down to about £200 (still 2 week's pay for an 18 year old back then though).

All my old/dirty/faulty Technics gear went to an audio engineer in Bicester to refurb and sell on - in a swap deal for an Audiolab amp for my TV.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The new 20th Anniversary copy of Evancescence - Fallen. I'm obsessed with this album, instantly fell in love with Amy Lee when I first heard it, this was a very personal album for her, she really struggled with mental health, and a lot of this album is about that.

They had an incredible box set which I would have loved to get, but it was just crazy expensive and only included this vinyl copy, the rest was a tape (really???), a little notebook and a few pictures. So I took a miss on it.

But this copy has the main album, remastered, plus a bonus disk with demo tracks, plus live tracks which I particularly wanted.

The vinyl is also pretty cool!

b79f0f69-366a-45a4-aa8c-0ac32aa57e24.jpg

d17893cf-938f-44e1-bef6-b857938f6047.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Gil Scott-Heron - Free Will

This was his second album, this guy is a true talent, he was a poet and a writer, music was more of a sideline for him, I've only recently discovered him but my god, what an absolute talent.

This is a new AAA cut, the follow up to a new AAA cut done of his first album last year, they're redoing the whole catalogue as true AAA. The previous one was pretty special, so really looking forward to this.

Scan from 2024-02-06 10_50_10 AM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Couple of nice ones

Faith No More - We Care A Lot, this is the 2016 Remastered band edition which includes a CD

And deadmau5 - For Lack Of A Better Name, first time on vinyl since it was released in 2009, I'm a huge fan of his, Cthulhu Sleeps is an all out masterpiece

And my Evil Dead Funko Pop of which there weren't many released, you bought the normal version which was the same but without blood and it was pot luck if you received the bloody version. Had to get it, pretty cool!

So this was the normal version

41+Zt5kkSqL._AC_.jpg

And this is the limited edition one I've got
61IGX-IJFrL._AC_SL1245_.jpg

168dba4c-bc35-4a51-96b9-ea9b8a45ae01.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Mat Zo - Damage Control 10th Anniversary deluxe copy. limited to 500 copies.

Got a few bonus tracks on there, and I really like the vinyl colour. The original can go into storage.

Scan from 2024-02-10 11_07_25 AM.jpg

20240210_111844488_iOS.jpg

20240210_112137925_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A good one, although not the copy I really wanted which has a different tracks on the second side that's also killer, but copies of that version are about double the price of this.

Bedrock - Heaven Scent

Scan from 2024-02-12 12_19_45 PM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This one is seriously cool, I've missed out on his releases until this one as he only does maybe 300 copies max for any album. Think this is his 4th album.

This is a US Hip Hop artist, off label, called Jarv. He is INCREDIBLY talented, does a lot of off the cuff stuff while producing loops and beats at the same time, but his lyrics are absolutely superb. Very classic 90s vibe to him, would hugely recommend checking him out.

Here's an example of him off cuffing:

Pretty much all his music videos are done in one take.

Jarv - The Amalgam on black and orange splatter vinyl

Scan from 2024-02-20 10_26_43 AM.jpg

R-27898809-1691359734-6430.jpg

Armin Van Buuren - A State Of Trance Year Mix 2023, limited to 1500 copies.

Scan from 2024-02-20 11_44_00 AM.jpg

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Slightly sillier, but still fun...

First part of the playlist above...so you'll have to go to youtube to see the rest.