Star Wars Jedi Survivor

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok I'll download those now.
Once they're installed you need to make sure windows is configured for the 7800x3D

1/. Make sure the chipset version is the latest, best to manually install the latest version to be sure as windows update often installs the incorrect version

2/. Need the latest version of XBox Game Bar (at least version 5.823.1271.0 or higher

3/. Then you need to enable Windows Game Mode

4/. Also make sure Smart Access Memory is enabled in the BIOS.

James19

Bronze Level Poster
Wouldn't they have configured it when they built it last week? I mean the other games I have played have worked fine so far.

How do I check the chipset is the latest version?

How do I make sure smart access memory is enabled will this void my warranty?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Wouldn't they have configured it when they built it last week? I mean the other games I have played have worked fine so far.
No, it's down to you to configure windows as you need it, nothing to do with PCS.

How do I check the chipset is the latest version?
Just check the latest version on AMDs site and verify with yours. You have the B650 chipset

How do I make sure smart access memory is enabled will this void my warranty?
It's a setting in the BIOS.

Is this your first PC?

James19

Bronze Level Poster
It was already enabled I believe.

1685987123013.png

James19

Bronze Level Poster
No, it's down to you to configure windows as you need it, nothing to do with PCS.

Just check the latest version on AMDs site and verify with yours. You have the B650 chipset

Is this your first PC?
Yes! Sorry.

James19

Bronze Level Poster
Jedi Survivor is a game that has issues, especially with crashing. Start the game, go into video settings and disable Ray-Tracing (that seems to be the cause of a fair amount of crashing)....whilst you are there, also change settings as per the "accepted solution" post in this thread:

Since the most recent game update, I was having severe crashing (at one point, it crashed 4 times in a row within 30 seconds on the game loading.....since I changed my settings to most of those in that post, I have had a single crash in the last week and I play the game for 3-4 hours a day most days
So I don't mind it crashing occasionally but is it normal and safe to crash and reboot my computer and for the display to go green?

James19

Bronze Level Poster

Is this your first PC?
Is my chipset ASUS not AMD?

James19

Bronze Level Poster
Yes, I noticed that the 6000MHz is not selectable with that anymore. Kind of frustrating as mine was literally shipped last Friday so they might have said something about that to me before...

So reducing the frequency does what exactly?

Will this problem be something Asus will be able to fix?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So reducing the frequency does what exactly?
Reduce the overclock placed on the RAM.

It's just a temporary measure until Board partners roll out BIOS updates to address the issue.

I would just disable EXPO for now as @CountingDown says.
The other thing, is just to double check what BIOS version you're on, just to be sure.

Just type "system info" into search
1685989135179.png

Post a screenshot or let us know the BIOS and date

James19

Bronze Level Poster
Ok So I've downloaded the latest chipset driver and turned Expo off.

My BIOS version is

1685989326427.png

which I assume will need changing... 😭

James19

Bronze Level Poster
Ok well I'll give it one more shot then. If it crashes I'll have to play something else. Thank you for the support!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Played it for 2 hours this evening without crashing! Thanks once again.
Keep an eye out on the BIOS updates available for your board, it should be labelled as AGESA update or possibly referencing EXPO timings.

Once that's available as non-beta, you need to contact PCS and get their approval to flash it.

It's really easy to flash, you can do it from an Asus program within windows. Then hopefully you can reapply EXPO at 6000MHz and have it perfectly stable.

James19

Bronze Level Poster
Keep an eye out on the BIOS updates available for your board, it should be labelled as AGESA update or possibly referencing EXPO timings.

Once that's available as non-beta, you need to contact PCS and get their approval to flash it.

It's really easy to flash, you can do it from an Asus program within windows. Then hopefully you can reapply EXPO at 6000MHz and have it perfectly stable.
Will do! cheers

James19

Bronze Level Poster
Rather than making an entirely new thread...

Is 70 degrees current temp and 86 degrees junction temp ok to have while gaming for like 3-4 hours at that temp?