Star Wars: The Old Republic

Phil

Silver Level Poster
had it pre-ordered ages & applied for beta testing ages ago, i neeeeeed this game!!! :D

Sweeney47

not really excited as such, its Bioware which is the only thing pulling me in, otherwise I probably wouldnt care for it at all. I too have seen gameplay footage which isnt great but with any mmo footage I see pre-launch I take with an open mind because textures + animations always seem to be well off the final products quality...

Xavien

Enthusiast
I never played the galaxies but this one looks fantastic. Gonna be good for me to as half of the older gamers community will be trying this one out. I love the fact its fully speeched for one thing :) Tera looks good to from a fantasy mmo stand point so if both are good its going to fulfil my sc fi\fantasy mmo spare time for a long time to come :)

Timbercottage

Bronze Level Poster
I think people are being blinded slightly by the Star Wars universe. If it was just a generic sci-fi MMO and a brand new IP I think people wouldn't quite be so excited. However, from what I've seen, there is very good reason to be excited about this, a WOW killer? Probably not, but certainly some serious competition.

Sweeney47

I dont think anyone should label anything a WoW killer... the only thing that will kill WoW is WoW... Or Blizzard...

The second people start labelling games as "WoW Killers" they're doomed to fail... Expectation vs Reality

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
I dont think anyone should label anything a WoW killer... the only thing that will kill WoW is WoW... Or Blizzard...

The second people start labelling games as "WoW Killers" they're doomed to fail... Expectation vs Reality

I'm fairly positive the next game that will come close to "killing WoW" is when Blizzard release their next MMORPG.

Xavien

Enthusiast
Agreed there sweeney, tbh i dont care if its a wow killer or not, im done with wow played it for 18 months got fed up with the kiddies and moved on :) everything is down to personal opinion and i have every faith in bioware that its going to hold my interest.

Meds

To be honest this doesn't tickle my fancy, plus the fact Zeplin has be praising it for years I'm bored of the game before its even released! :D

Xavien

Enthusiast
Well the first thing about anything thats in the press or ramed down your throat is "dont believe the hype" ive pretty much stayed away from anything SW TOR related until i either get lucky and get a beta invite, or the game is released then i dont have a false expectation of what its about. That goes for films and the such like to.

Zeplini

I cant wait, so excited by this game and like a big kid but i do love star wars :) but the recent report on space combat has upset me a little, but if anyone is interested in the game, check out my site ;)

www.rising-darkness.co.uk

:)

spunkypocket

OMG wat a game, cant wait for it to come out hence why im gettin new pc from you guys, ive had it on pre-order since i heard bout it, go to website every week to check on updates other game i play EVE online love another reason for new pc, i love MMO's with steep learning curves. even thou play it on my dell gaming lappy on HD tv which all my pcs laps and xbox are connected too..

what was the question again ooppss me bad..

Last edited:

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
OMG wat a game, cant wait for it to come out hence why im gettin new pc from you guys, ive had it on pre-order since i heard bout it, go to website every week to check on updates other game i play EVE online love another reason for new pc, i love MMO's with steep learning curves. even thou play it on my dell gaming lappy on HD tv which all my pcs laps and xbox are connected too..

what was the question again ooppss me bad..

We played EVE with most of our team for a while but couldn't really get in the swing of it. We enjoyed it at first, don't get me wrong but ultimately the gameplay was a little dull. We wanted to review it but couldn't do the game justice as we haven't been part of major alliance warfare and such. (Or ever been in null sec)

As for SW:TOR, I am seriously concerned about the impact this will have on our free time, though some of the changes that have been made to the game seem to have put it too much in a 'WoW' / 'Casual' direction rather than sticking to their original plans. We'll retain healthy skepticism until the game is out! (But yeah, we are excited, more so than any MMORPG before.)