Star Wars: The Old Republic

JSG10

Expert
Will most definitely be getting this although I can't justify the cost of the collectors ed! Madness.
Don't know wether to pre-order or not lol
I'll still be playing RIFT too I expect :)

MeveM

Bright Spark
What do you recon this game will look like on max settings? I noticed a massive difference in even WoW, before i got the PC in my sig, I was forced to run it on more or less minimum for a good few months, and with the new I tried it at max, and it actually looked quite good with all the extra details on items and the ground clutter/shines from objects etc. Do you recon it'll be the same in SWTOR?

Dayve

I'm really excited, a lot of my old WoW guild are going to get it, it looks great. I haven't pre-ordered yet, I'll order a standard edition a few weeks before release. I'm not enough of a fan of Star Wars to spend so much money on a collector's edition and I want a physical copy of the game so the DDE is out also, that just leaves me with standard. I don't care about early access either, as long as I can play on release day or the day after I'll be more than happy.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
I'm not much of a MMO fan but looking from the screenshots in detail this game looks pretty solid. My dad did the music in this game too (Principle Cellist in the Orchestra) the recording lasted 3 hours apparently and he said the music was quite boring.... saying that if I mention Jedi to him he would think the word would mean some kind of english cheese.

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Saying that about the music though, ive played wow for the last 5 years with winamp in the background :p

MeveM

Bright Spark
I think the pvp looks really nice as well, I do like the idea of Hut ball, haven't seen that type of Pvp in any other MMO, it's not a new concept by itself, but I "think" it's new to MMO's. Even if its not, it still looks quite nice. Bit of tactic involved, not just spanking people, or putting a healer and a fat class on each point in conquest type games.

The star ships really interest me as well, and it's planned to get customization involved at a later day, you probably can't put furniture in the ship on release, but its planned, that'll be awesome, bit like LOTRO's player housing system put into a spaceship :)

also love the companion idea, gives people who don't always have mates around, can do stuff, and you can do quests as a healer, if you want to play a healer, you can't in most MMO's, since you can't kill anything, so let your companions fill the roles that are missing :) Great idea. Can't wait. (Companions were used in Guild Wars 1, in a later expansion, so not a new idea per say, but it's been developed further.)

Last edited: