Steam (problem?)

ThomasM

Not really sure how to put this but here goes.....
Purchased an ssd and have put all my steam folders apart from 'steamapps' the one containing large game files that wont fit. My games are now blacked out and need to be downloaded again. How do i go around opening games from the hdd when i load steam from the ssd?
Would i also be able to put most played games from steam on ssd? Like by creating two 'steamapps' folders?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I wouldnt know to be honest,

I prefer to have all my games on hdd. I do have origin on my ssd, mainly for bf3 but only see a increase in map loading times nothing else, so not really worth the trouble if ya ask me.

ThomasM

I only really wanted it so steam was fast and whatever new games coming out will be too! Im guessing you are unsure of having steam on hdd and loading a game from ssd aswell? :p

steaky360

Quick look on Steam forums only suggests moving the steam folder entirely, not splitting it into two...
Here: https://support.steampowered....0426 I don't think it is possible (at least not easily) to use two separate folders for your games (saying that, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong :))

As Tom just said, I doubt it would make that big an improvement for most games. I have not found any of them to load particularly slowly from the HDD (although I've never tried the equivalent game on the SSD either) but I do have Diablo 3 / Starcraft 2 on my SSD and they don't seem to be any quicker than my Steam games...

ThomasM

Thanks for the reply, I cant move the whole folder as it is far too big for my ssd. Guess i probably wont notice the difference anyways. I'll just keep it for SWTOR and any other standalone games i pick up :)