Steam Summer Sale 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
GRDAWMq.jpg

I was thinking that it might be best to keep all talk and mention of the deals on Steam that are coming "soon" (hopefully tomorrow) in one place, rather than in various threads, and particularly out of DM's Deals thread, so that can be kept for deals, rather than the motherlode that is the Steam Sale :)

Of course it hasn't started yet, but maybe just to get things going, are there any games out there you would like to see have a massive slash in price that might tickle your fancy enough to get?

Without looking too much into it, I hope there is a little bit off things like Company of Heroes 2 (not going to see 70% off a new game I know), just to entice me enough to buy :)

And just follow my one top tip for keeping that spending down during Steam Sales:

- Add funds to your Steam wallet that is the maximum you are willing to spend, and then hide your card for the duration.

(Disclaimer: I have never actually followed this advice and always end up adding more funds, because, well, Pop Cap games don't buy themselves!)

Attachments

• SSS13.jpg
    SSS13.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 179

Rakk

The Awesome
- Add funds to your Steam wallet that is the maximum you are willing to spend, and then hide your card for the duration.
But I know all the details of my card without bothering to look at it anyways :)

But yes, a separate thread for this seems a good plan DED

Yamikotai

Expert
Ahh goddamit.

Seen this thread and instantly clicked thinking the sale had started :(
It probably won't be til mid-afternoon tomorrow, since it tends to start US pacific time in the morning.

But you'd better be ready for when it does start! I'll be getting an early night tonight for it.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
I'ma get counter strike go, because counter strike ^.^

Also with steam all their sales/deals refresh at 6pm, so if it is tomorrow it'll be around that time, :( hopefully it'll be on the 25th :p

Payday ;)

Last edited:

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Im not even waiting for anything in particular, Borderlands 2 Season pass becuase for some stupid reason i left the Greenman Gaming £9 deal... <stupid>
Mortal Kombat Komplete Collection
Remember Me
Resident Evil
Other games are usually old game i think "That game is awesome, i will totally play that again" then it sits there waiting for the day.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Im not even waiting for anything in particular, Borderlands 2 Season pass becuase for some stupid reason i left the Greenman Gaming £9 deal... <stupid>
Mortal Kombat Komplete Collection
Remember Me
Resident Evil
Other games are usually old game i think "That game is awesome, i will totally play that again" then it sits there waiting for the day.

Mortal Kombat for sure.........which resident evil?

Deklore

Bright Spark
It probably won't be til mid-afternoon tomorrow, since it tends to start US pacific time in the morning.

But you'd better be ready for when it does start! I'll be getting an early night tonight for it.

Ach! if the sale does start tomorrow i'll not get to play anything till the following day because of the ultra slow broadband connection i have.

I have about 16 games on my wishlist. Cant remember them all but looking for XCOM to drop under a tenner and also looking for good deals on Bastion, Mark of the Ninja, Terraria and FTL.

Hmm then again those indie games shouldnt be too big...

Yamikotai

Expert
That it starts tomorrow comes from Valve, btw.

Games I'll be after:
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown, a copy for me, and one for my mum. We've both played it all the way through with an otherwise-obtained copy but they really deserve the money.
- Civ V + G&K for my mum, and hopefully BNW will be a few quid off in the sales. If not then it's off to the YARRRd sale.
- Far Cry 3
- Half Life 3 (you just know they're gonna release it)
- Chivalry

The main problem is I've embedded myself and my desktop at a friend's house for the summer, and he has a 2Mb connection... guess I'll have to hop back and forth with my downloaded goodies

also looking for good deals on Bastion, Mark of the Ninja, Terraria and FTL.
All of them good games :D Though I haven't played as much Terraria as I should've considering the amount of time I've sunk into Minecraft.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Far Cry 3 for a fiver hopefully

And maybe Counter Strike and Bioshock Infinite. And anything else that looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.