Steam Summer Sale 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickne

Master Poster
Ok so since 24th June here is my list of ..."ohmygodIfeelsickatmyself" £161.5 -roughly (split over two pay days so not as bad...but still pretty bad)

Don't Starve £4. (Steam)
The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn DLC -£6. (Steam)
System Shock 2 -£3.49 (Steam)
Fallout 3 GOTY -£3.74 (Steam)
Kerbal Space Program -£10.79 (Steam)
Strike suit infinity -£1.24 (Steam)
Rollercoaster tycoon - £3.74 (steam)
Surgeon Simulator -£2.37 (Steam)
FEZ -£3.49 (Steam)
Blood Dragon -£5.39 (steam)
euro truck simulator 2 -£6.24 (steam)
Scribblenauts unlimited -£3.74 (steam)
The walking dead 400 Days -£3.99 (Steam)
Arma 3 Alpha -£19.99 (Steam)
The Showdown Effect -£1.99 (Steam)
Dungeon Siege I, II, III with Treasures of the Sun DLC -£3.74 (Steam)

GMG:
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -£3.53
Velvet Assassin - PC £1.00
A Game of Dwarves - PC £1.80
Anna Extended Edition - PC £1.80
Demigod - PC £2.52
Operation Flashpoint: Red River - PC £2.25
Virtua Tennis 4 - PC £2.40
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition - PC £2.25
Pacific Storm Allies - PC £2.02
Evil Genius - PC £2.09
Eve Online 30 Day Starter Pack - Amarr Bounty Hunt... - PC £2.70
Bus Driver - PC £1.99
Thunder Wolves - PC £3.97
Killing Floor Outbreak Character Pack - PC £0.37
Killing Floor: Ash Harding Character Pack - PC £0.67
Killing Floor: London's Finest Character Pack - PC £0.24
Guns of Icarus Online - PC £1.80
Legacy of Kain: Defiance - PC £1.24
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - PC £1.24
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - PC £1.24
Company of Heroes 2 - PC £32.00

Humble Bundle:
Rogue Legacy : £8.19 GBP
Spiderweb Software:£2.73 GBP
FTL: Faster Than Light :£1.68 GBP

I need to be stopped!!!

STEAM:

qaqn.jpg

Thats me done. I'm done buying games now. I've overspent and feel slightly sick at myself to be honest. But here you go. Thats the final bundle.
I think my only solice is most of those are no dearer than £7 quid tops. The majority in the £1-4 margin. But they do add up. Now I dont even know where to start.

sted

Rising Star
Steam-.jpg

I've gone from downloading a single game being a rarity, to the above in the space of 10 days. :S

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I think I managed to control myself pretty well tbh. Although I have limited myself to £5 per game or £10 if its one I really want. And after a couple of years they seem more disappointing because you have everything you want

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Is anybody else having withdrawal symptoms? Even though I didn't buy that many games during the sale, I loved flicking onto the store and seeing what was available and what might be coming on sale next.

Steam has just turned back into a big pile of poop and I think every other website has been left shell-shocked by their lack of customers due to them being stolen by Steam so nobody wants to sell anything for cheap again.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Is anybody else having withdrawal symptoms? Even though I didn't buy that many games during the sale, I loved flicking onto the store and seeing what was available and what might be coming on sale next.

Steam has just turned back into a big pile of poop and I think every other website has been left shell-shocked by their lack of customers due to them being stolen by Steam so nobody wants to sell anything for cheap again.

LOL yeah, doesn't the steam store page look weird now.

Deklore

Bright Spark

Actually towards the end of it (before encore) i could tell with a high level of accuracy what would be on the daily deals, community choice or flash sales as they got really good at recycling the same game discounts, so i kinda stopped checking so often after a while.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I bought AC3 for 12 quid.

SPOILER ALERT

At first you are playing as this English chap, he seems quite a decent character, reasonably interesting, a few missions with this guy and yeah its not too bad. Then next thing desmond is out of the animus and after some pointless running around back in it again. Then boom you are this American Indian child, who grows up to be the main character known as Connor. Well that's not his real name, but they call him that instead of the his Indian name. Anyway, its suddenly within 5 minutes it goes from the funish English chap.... to this boring emotionless teenager that has no appeal whatsoever.

The combat has changed too, using a 360 controller, all you need is B to counter, then X to attack and I dont even know what A is supposed to do. Whilst the combat may look cool and initially its reasonably fun, I soon realised all I have to do is press B then X a few times and repeat.

The Worst thing is, remember in the original AC'sv 1,2 brotherhood and revelations, all those fun side missions, stuff to collect, low level bad guys to assassinate, all that cool stuff you could spend hours doing... Yeah its all gone and there's nothing to do but run from scripted mission to scripted mission, with scripted cutscenes in between. It just doesn't feel like AC anymore, a big let down for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.