Steam Summer Sale 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Pffft if you think Seat's are cheap then I'm afraid you're suffering from branded badgey'ness. I think the correct term you're looking for is good value ;)

I know they make the Seat Saloon car in the exact same factory as Audi A4's, identical parts, identical styling, only difference is they ship it off the Spain to put a Seat grill and badge on it. Probably about half the price as a brand new A4 as well.

I would quite happily take a Leon over Golf based on value for money.

rickne

Master Poster
Pffft if you think Seat's are cheap then I'm afraid you're suffering from branded badgey'ness. I think the correct term you're looking for is good value ;)

I know they make the Seat Saloon car in the exact same factory as Audi A4's, identical parts, identical styling, only difference is they ship it off the Spain to put a Seat grill and badge on it. Probably about half the price as a brand new A4 as well.

I would quite happily take a Leon over Golf based on value for money.

More cheap plastics etc ;) I'd take a Skoda over a Seat. But alas I drive a Ford so whatever haha

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I've got a seat Ibiza 1.2, pretty happy with it. its not very fast, only has 3 cylinders and as I'm not really into cars I'm not particularly bothered. As long as it gets me from A to B and sometimes to C i dont really care.. hahah

I will probably get a different seat in the future though, as long as its cheap to run, tax and insure I'll probably drive anything.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
You should really put a capital at the start of Seat, its confusing the hell out of me as to whether you are talking about a chair

sted

Rising Star
Metro Bundle.jpg

I thought the whole point of a bundle was that it's cheaper to buy one like that in the long run, than spend on the individual products. :/

'Least it's only a tiny difference.

EYEONME

With the 6pm change I'm very disappointed as its the same games as the last few days just mixed up between daily deals and flash.

Maybe I'm wrong?

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I mentioned that to a mate at work this morning, nothing's really changed for the last few days as game's have just been rotated between daily deals and flash sales. Even games that have been in either or both have ended up being Community Choice candidates. I just bought Fallout New Vegas for the sake of it and it'll probably be my last purchase.

sted

Rising Star
Yeah. I've noticed that too, and it feels tedious to search through games via categories when I've not got any ideas of what to search for.

Considering getting Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition for £9.99, but with the 'strong recommendation' to use an Xbox pad, and hearing that using keyboard and mouse isn't too great I'm not sure. I've no interest in getting a pad, but considering all I ever game on is PC, I'd imagine I might be lucky enough to have a bit more joy with keyboard controls than others who say it's horrid in comparison.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Yeah. I've noticed that too, and it feels tedious to search through games via categories when I've not got any ideas of what to search for.

Considering getting Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition for £9.99, but with the 'strong recommendation' to use an Xbox pad, and hearing that using keyboard and mouse isn't too great I'm not sure. I've no interest in getting a pad, but considering all I ever game on is PC, I'd imagine I might be lucky enough to have a bit more joy with keyboard controls than others who say it's horrid in comparison.

If a game strongly recommends a pad then I would probably listen to it as it's probably really badly optimised for a keyboard and mouse meaning you'll just have loads of hassle.

If you are interested in a pad, a wired xbox controller can be picked up for £15-£20 and they literally are just plug and play. Even all the proper button prompts come up in xbox format.

sted

Rising Star
I feel put off, then. :/ I've only ever owned Playstations in the past, and it's been so long holding a PS pad now feels weird. I got to play an Xbox numerous times that my cousin owned, but never could get used to the difference in shape and so on of the pad. But with it being 15-20, it's still something to consider - Better than potentially spending about £40 on a pad like some seem to be.

Edit
Then again, I say only Playstations, but there were few other consoles I had at one pint. PS's were just most regular/constant.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yeh the games for windows xbox pad is great, thats what I use too. Works in majority of games, so if ever you don't fancy the keyboard its always there and you dont need to map every button, if the game is on xbox as well it will probably have identical controls.

Some games I just don't think are doable with keyboard and mouse, mainly driving games because the arrow keys lack the precision compared to an analog stick

rickne

Master Poster
I got it on release. I didnt know of its background and its fan demanded pc port. So I got angry with how terrible the controls are. Turns out the devs did as best they could with the resource they had so i was less angry.

sted

Rising Star
the arrow keys lack the precision compared to an analog stick

I do admittedly miss the finer control provided with the use of an analog stick. I always liked how you can vary walk/run speeds by moving the analog a certain amount to whatever direction in comparison to the usual 'one or the other, and no in between' attitude of a keyboard and it's directional buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.