Steam Summer Sale 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Yea M+K play is great but it does have its downfalls. Yea games like skyrim let you hold shift to walk slow but with things like lockpicking it's so tough to get it right without having a smooth analog stick.

And hmm, I always found the xbox pad much more ergonomic, I really didn't like the stick layout of the PS pads. Just be wary if you do buy a pad other than the xbox one, a lot of them are a pain the bum to set up and map out. My brother spent about £15 on one in game and it took me 3 hours just to get Chivalry controls mapped out (and just trying to work out how to do it in general). I had to download software that wasn't free so I had to try and find an older version that I could trial, I then had to mess about installing all of that, then I had to draw the controller on the screen so it was the right layout and then I had to map all the game controls to those buttons and half of them didn't work! Plus it wasn't picking up the analog stick properly and was using them like a d-pad.

Yes it was cheap and from game and yes, if I could do it now it wouldn't take me very long at all now I've done it once but still, what I'm getting at is the xbox pad just syncs perfectly with pretty much everything. I tried it with Chivalry and bam, didn't have to change a thing.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
As someone who has the first (Demon Souls) on PS3 I would say not to bother with a mouse & keyboard because it probably just wouldn't feel right and inevitably get you more infuriated than normal (no joke, this game is unforgiving).

I use my PS3 controller on the PC in the rare occasion I prefer it (racing games, grand theft auto). It doesn't connect native but using MotionJoy / DS3 tool I simply plug it in, click Xbox 360 and games just think I have a 360 controller (like stated, the 360 controller for windows work very well and are just plug and play in most cases without even touching any ingame settings). Because I have bluetooth I can even click pair, unplug the cable (standard PS3 cable for console syncing / charging) and can use it wirelessly. Also because it uses software to emulate it I can, if so desired re-map all the buttons as I like which helped in the case of GTA: San Andreas which didn't have very good controller support.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I think the Sale has been alright. Yes they've repeated a lot of sales and I think a lot of people will have lost money from buying on one day only for it to be cheaper the next day but I think generally I've got what I wanted to.

Tomb Raider for £7.50
Both Witchers for £5.50 combined.
FTL - £1.75
Payday The Heist - £3.74

Personally think that's enough to keep me going for a short while along with my new obsession for BF3!

Rakk

The Awesome
I think the Sale has been alright. Yes they've repeated a lot of sales and I think a lot of people will have lost money from buying on one day only for it to be cheaper the next day but I think generally I've got what I wanted to.

I've bought a few little bits and pieces, only one game I bought was over a fiver - Dishonored for £5.09, so I think I've ended up spending a little over 20quid, got about 9 games though :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Oh thank goodness, it finishes today...time later to reflect on the stupid purchases and earmark some as candidates to join the (far too large) GINP group of games (Greatly Installed, Never Played)...not to be mistaken for the GIMP group, which is a whole different thing...

As Rakky astutely pointed out on one of my purchases (though I swear that was just to meet the criteria of the main Steam badge...) "When are you going to play all these games DED?!"...simple answer, "I won't" :D But then at least this year all those random purchases were not wasted, because nearly every "cart" I put through earned me at least one of the Sales Badge cards, which is nice :D

Rakk

The Awesome
As Rakky astutely pointed out on one of my purchases (though I swear that was just to meet the criteria of the main Steam badge...)
Umm, *cough**cough*I think I've been rumbled*cough**cough*, though it was a valid question :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Gah last day of the sale suckered me into buying Rage + the DLC for £4.10 total.

Looking forward to the supposed 25gb install.... :\ I need a bigger hard drive.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Rage got me too LOL but, with the amount of games already on my HD, I didn't feel the need for the DLC.

I would recommend the DLC. Without sounding like a kid by bringing my dad into the conversation, he's a huge Rage fan (he has pretty poor taste in games) but it's the only game I've known for him to play through a second time and complete. Both times, he encountered the same issue of getting to the end and realising he still had a huge list of side quests that they wouldn't let him complete as once you've finished it's completely over. Apparently the DLC scraps this and lets you continue at the end of the story to finish anything you have left (and obviously to complete the DLC) which for like 86p is an absolute steal. £4.10 for both isn't too much to ask :p

Obviously your choice, just giving you a heads up though :p

Deklore

Bright Spark
So now the sale is over the haul is -
Bastion, The Binding of Isaac, Cave Story+, Chivalry, Defcon, Defiance, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Fallout New Vegas, FTL, Kung Fu Strike, Mark of the Ninja, Spec Ops: The Line, Terraria, Trials Evolution Gold, Dawn of War 2, XCOM Enemy Unknown.

How did everyone else do?

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
How did everyone else do?
sss2.PNGsss1.PNG

Didn't get everything I was hoping for, but these should keep me entertained until the next sale :p

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
...and

Alan Wake Bundle
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Battlestations: Pacific
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Chaos on Deponia
Deadlight
Demigod
DiRT 3
Dragon's Lair
F1 2012
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Kerbal Space Program
Magicka DLC x15
Poker Night 2
Risen 2 Gold
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum
RPG Maker VX Ace
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Upgrade
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Forbidden Worlds
Sleeping Dogs
Sleeping Dogs DLC Collection
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
StarForge
Strike Suit Infinity
Sword of the Stars: The Pit
The Walking Dead
Tomb Raider DLC x 18
Trials Evolution Gold
Worms Revolution
XCOM Enemy Unknown (ROW)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack WW
XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot DLC

Looks even more ridiculous on my Transaction page because all the TR and Magic DLC are listed separately! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.