Stop Sopa!

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
But you are missing the point Dante. Noone is actually arguing those people/companies that direct people to the illegal things shouldnt be done too (I mean anyone on here). But the way you put your argument forward, its as if you think those that commit the crime on piracy shouldnt be prosecuted BECAUSE those that supplied the mean are not. That is where your argument falls on its arse, sorry.

And as someone said early on...money talks. Its like you are surprised that big business and corps can get around laws...welcome to the world? :)

No dude you've got it wrong, you've fallen into the age old trap of ''because he thinks this is automatically means he thinks this''.

Such as if I went to a football game and spoke highly of one team it means I automatically want the other team to lose right? WRONG.

I don't think that pirates should get away with anything, if I did then why the HELL would I say what I said? I WANT the ones who AREN'T being punished to be punished, that doesn't mean I automatically want the people who pirate the files to get away with anything, nowhere did I say that, that is your assumption.

This whole thing started because one side (the big companies) aren't being punished, and now you think that i think one side shouldn't be punished? That makes no sense, the whole point of my argument as you see it, even though it isn't an argument is that NO ONE gets away with it.

I don't mention the pirates (average people) being punished because that is what is ALREADY HAPPENING, what ISN'T happening is the big companies getting away with it.

The blame is being palmed off, it's unfair for one side, don't think that I want things to sway in the favour of people who download the files, I just think both sides should be punished and one side should not be exempt from punishment, that is where this is unfair.

Nowhere did I say and in no way do I think that the people who download the files should not be punished, that's not what I'm saying, just because I don't mention it doesn't mean that's what i think.

The entire point of the opposition towards the bill is that it is unfair, not that we will be punished, but that the other side will NOT be punished, I'm not trying to protect pirates, the big companies ARE the pirates, you need to reread and understand my thinking a bit more.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
besides, there is no argument, people who download files should not be at any less fault then they are for doing so, and I fully support stopping piracy.

What I do not support however it something which is named 'stop online piracy act' whereas all it does is help to protect companies who have benefit in million and millions of dollars through sueing people for pirating files which they encouraged and promoted, that is the crime.

They will get away with it when they are culpable for more crime than any of us, nobody would pick fruit from a forbidden tree if someone didn't plant it, it's about looking at the source, sure there is a lot of piracy where did it all come from? the same companies who now ''support' SOPA, they don't support anti-piracy, they support not getting lawsuits, they support not getting sued, they support lining their pockets and being exempt from laws whose terms THEY BROKE.

They are the criminals and they may just get away with it, this isn't about the people who download files dude this is far bigger than that

Extra: sorry for so many posts, I have also not mentioned the main impact of the bill, no more Youtube as we know it, no morre angry video game nerd videos. No videos which show any copyrighted material no matter how short in length, nobody can upload gameplay videos, nobody can do movie reviews, nobody can comment on tv shows, songs, movies, games. nobody can create video game montages.

99% of the content which I view on my PC will be abolished, I hope that this bill does not get passed, Obama needs to listen to the people.

Anyway I understand you are all against this, I was merely ranting and angry, I'm glad we share the same ideals, I hope we can all have a positive impact on this world in the future

Last edited:

LDUK

Master Poster
If someone leaves their window/door unlocked and you walk in and steal their tv (or nice shiny PCS computer), should the police not prosecute you? Are you entitled to steal, just because it's made easy for you?

Taking a TV from someones house, means they lose a TV. Something they spend heard earned money on. If you download something from the internet, you're not taking it from someone, you're merely copying it. No one is left without the media that has been downloaded.

Xoil

Already transferred away 500+ Domains from GoDaddy because they "supported" them. Quite interesting how media company's have paid Senates to back it....