Strange alarm sound occurring at random? Vortex 440

Badmungo

nope, I had sound on mute in windows. volume setting on monitor is 25/100 so not particularly loud, even when audio is going through it.

steaky360

nope, I had sound on mute in windows. volume setting on monitor is 25/100 so not particularly loud, even when audio is going through it.

Well if you mute the volume on the monitor does the alarm still sound? It seems like a monitor thing rather than your PC.

Badmungo

Yeah, even with volume muted it sounded. I'm guessing it is a monitor thing, I just don't know why it would go off. I got it through PCS as well, not sure if it warrants a service call though. It's not happened today.
The PC did throw a wobbly earlier, red lights flashing in the case and everything, couldn't get through it's startup thingy. Hard shutdown (holding down the power button) didn't work - had to switch it off at the power supply. turned it on and it was stuck with it's flashy red lights, till i hit the reset button on the back of the machine. My old laptop was so stable I'm not used to the usual BSODs and stuff!

Badmungo

Iiyama ProLite B2888UHSU - alarm sound?

I originally thought this was a problem with the base unit, but I think now it's a problem with the monitor. At random moments (not under strain, just switched on) it emits this weird sound:
http://youtu.be/UQqM66KqVgk
Anyone got any ideas? It seems to come from the left hand side (if looking at the display bit)

Buzz

Master
Hey buddy. Its been a while I know. :) Yeh, am back. was just a hectic year. I see you have been busy.