Suggestion to streamline the PC build recommending process

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hey guys and gals,

As I've become more active on the forums I've noticed that a lot of the time members who need help with their PC builds will post their specs without the inclusion of the needed information (budget, usage, monitor) meaning the users recommending builds have to link to a seperate thread asking for this info and slowing down the process.

An idea I've thought of that could be implimented in multple ways could reduce this and I was wondering what everyone thought!

1) When pressing the 'Post To Forum' button, at the top of the page, a few lines of text or bulletpoints will appear under the sentence that is currently there stating that members will need to know the budget, use case and monitor you're using to best help you with your system specification

2) When creating a new thread, a PCS green box will appear between the discussion and poll options and the text box saying something similar to what is written on the many sticky threads/ what I suggested for part 1

3) Having a confirmation box when pressing 'post thread' that asks if you are posting a 'check this spec' thread have you added said info, if not, please add it

4) When creating a post in the 'check this spec' forum, text is automatically put in the text box that says Budget: Usage: Monitor: that people can fill out once they've placed their spec

Not sure if it's possible coding wise but idea 2 and 3 could be implimented so that they only pop up if the post is being put into the 'check this spec' forum, like 4 is.

This may be me massively overthinking for a problem that doesn't really exist and again I'm not sure how difficult it would be from the coding side of things. But I feel it could massively improve efficiency of suggestions and the user experience if implimented as the recommenders(?) will have all the info they need to get recommending, even if just 1 or 2 of these ideas, I feel it could help massively. It would be great to know what you think!

Thanks for reading,
Junior

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
They are good suggestions that would save us time...unfortunately, I don't see any of it being implemented for the foreseeable future. PCS and their staff are horrendously busy and things to save us time is not going to be important right now...might be something they can look into when everything calms down but then the number of spec check posts will also drop
That's totally fair! I understand that they're very busy so they probably don't have time to work on things like this. Maybe it's something I could bring up when they're less busy :)

steaky360

Some good suggestions, at the minute we've got the collection of handy hints thread which we can direct folk too when needed which does help somewhat - but an auto prompt would be nice :D