Summer Upgrades - Want some opinions!

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
I don't want to be let down with Windows 8 as I love Windows 7 as it is :)

Any more ideas about the dual boot scenario? Do I need to order a Windows 7 OEM or Retail if I already have an OEM installed on another drive :) ty

bigben

Master Poster
Any more ideas about the dual boot scenario? Do I need to order a Windows 7 OEM or Retail if I already have an OEM installed on another drive :) ty

Can't imagine it will make any difference if you get oem or retail. Seems crazy having dual boot for the same operating system to me though.
IF you must though I would probably go for retail so you can use it on any new rigs you get.

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
New update: My SSD is down to 3gb. It does this randomly and loses memory gradually, but then goes back up sometimes. I'm a little worried.

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
Reading through it now tom :) I disabled indexing and the defragging yesterday, but I've had this PC for 2 and a half years :/

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
Another question, when I got my PC it came with a HAF 932 side panel. Do you think PCS would send me out a HAF X replacement? :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Another question, when I got my PC it came with a HAF 932 side panel. Do you think PCS would send me out a HAF X replacement? :D

erm, does a haf x side panel fit the haf 932?

I doubt they would, as i imagine they get shipped whole cases. Therefore, if they were to send you a side panel, they would have a case sitting around without a side panel.

I probably wouldnt bother with a 500gb ssd, but i think a 240gb is probably worth a go.

steaky360

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
Actually, just noticed it has come with both HAF 932 side panels.. I don't know whether this is because it was an older version of the HAF X or whether they used the wrong side panels. :/

steaky360

I was vague. My HAF X came with a 932 side panel.

Either way, both the Haf-X and 932 panels are available from the CM store I linked above - you can also get the panel with a large window from there too.

You definitely have a Haf-X and not a 932? :)

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
Well I ordered a HAF X Case, look at the post of my spec on the first page!

I had already checked the CM Store earlier today, it only allows me to select a Right side panel. I in fact need both.

steaky360

Ah right, well you could always get the right side panel from there until you can find a left side panel? eBay or similar maybe?

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
I wasn't particularly bothered about the right side panel. The left one is a bit more of an annoyance as it doesn't provide much of a view of inside the rig :)