Swivel chair for long periods of gaming

egorgeg

Enthusiast
Not sure what forum this belonged to.

I really need a decent and long lasting swivel chair, that will be comfortable for long periods of gaming on PC, and consoles. I usually just go on eBay and get a £20 chair that lasts around half a year, then replace it. But I really want to get a good one. I've had a look at the more expensive chairs, this one looks nice to me: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amstyle-SPEED-Racing-executive-desk-chair-black-red-office-swivel-high-back-New-/251572023458?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Equipment_Supplies_Office_Furniture_ET&hash=item3a92dc70a2. But as I said above I never go for chairs that are like this, so is that one any good? I have asked in other places and I see lots of recommendations for DXRacer chairs, but the prices on them seem way to high.

I would love for it to have a high back as well, as some chairs with shorter backs on them give me back ache. The main issue I have had with chairs in the past is that because I'm using for most of the day the back starts to give on it, and I'm always leaning back so to speak and it gets really uncomfortable for gaming on a keyboard. I would just like to see some suggestions/recommendations really, and see what prices they would be. I would say my budget would be from £100 - £150, but I think I may be able to go a little higher.

Cheers.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
What's comfortable for one person may not be for another,best to try them out yourself if possible before buying.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
I guess so, not many places to buy them from close to me though. I don't fancy travelling 35-50 miles to try out chairs that I may not even like. I thought my best hope would be here.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
get ya self to Ikea, then you can sit on every chair and test them all out.

Not going to happen. Nearest Ikea is in Manchester, that's about 105 miles away from where I live. But I will be trying to search for stores that sell things like this, if I'm lucky I will find one. I only live in a small town in the country, so nearest large town with all the main shops and things is 40 miles away.

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
Damn, I would've said Ikea, I have 2 from there, both great. And they're all on display. It's 50 miles for my nearest. Ikea is fairly fun though, or at least I think it is. You can make a day of it.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Staples have supplied my last two. Went in, sat on some, bought one :) I tend to spend around £50 to £100, usually looking for the ones that WERE more and have been reduced. Somehow feel like I am getting a better chair for the money!

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Damn, I would've said Ikea, I have 2 from there, both great. And they're all on display. It's 50 miles for my nearest. Ikea is fairly fun though, or at least I think it is. You can make a day of it.

I went to Ikea to buy a rug, spent £200 and didn't buy a rug :/

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Sorry for the triple post. Something that I feel is worthy of it's own post:

Make sure you get one where the arms fit under the desk, or at least allow you to get close enough to the desk comfortably!!

egorgeg

Enthusiast
Sorry for the triple post. Something that I feel is worthy of it's own post:

Make sure you get one where the arms fit under the desk, or at least allow you to get close enough to the desk comfortably!!

Oh yes, I've made the mistake of getting one where the arms made it really uncomfortable under the desk.

Also, I just assumed there was a Staples nearby, but their website shows my "Local" is Liverpool, which is even further than Manchester for us (110 Miles), so I don't think I want to travel that long, and on 2-3 motorways just for a chair. I'll have to check the towns around us to find a shop that might sell them. But for now I bought the one on eBay that I linked in the original post.

Anyone have any experience with DXRacer? I want one, but want to know about them from peoples experience before dropping £350+ on a chair.