sysyem restore not working

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
hi there was trying to do a system restore as i feel a windows update may be playing my pc up a little and basically its not working. it shuts down as though its going to restore as norrmal, but on reboot it says it cannot be done and this may be done due to antivirus program running. I am using kasperky internet package, so i thought ok i will just disable the av software so i disabled it and then tried system restore again. Exactly the same happend, any one else had an issue like this is the past?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Try a system restore point in safemode,failing that try it from your windows OS disk.
Insert windows7 os disk,restart & tap f8 key.
This will bring up boot menu,choose optical drive as boot source,then press any key to boot from the windows7 disc.choose preferences for language & time.
click on system restore .

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
thanks for reply, did some research and found that my my kasp internet security is a pain when it comes to system restore and only way is to uniinstall it, then reboot then do a system restore. apparantly some other anti virus programs cause conflicts as well and thats a way around it

baron75mk2

Banned
Yes Norton is the same , but i did away with system restore years ago , i just use the complete PC backup its the ultimate system restore .