Task manager closing itself and access is denied error pop up?!

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
So the past few days iv been noticing the two above mentioned issues.

The first is that task manager, when opened, closes after 17 seconds 90% of the time (but ranges from 5 - 20 seconds). Iv only noticed it doing this recently. I have scanned my pc with norton, and have uninstalled a few programs that iv installed recently but not help? Any ideas?
Edit: Iv just noticed that when the task manager closes it self it remains open in the bottom right icon tray, that is untill i hover the mouse of it then it just dissapears. They also stack like below:
asd.png

Also im getting this rather annoying error pop up 'access is denied':

Untitled.png
This is the error message

2.png
And this is the icon that comes up on the taskbar when the error message appears.

I play poker a fair bit (among other gambling if im on tilt!) so im assuming this has something to do with a poker application (currently have pokerstars, 888 and dusktilldawn installed)
Iv checked task manager and nothing appears in there that shouldnt be from what i can tell?
However there is a massive string of svhost.exe *32 all using 96k memory, a good 20 of them?!

Problem is i cant find much on the internet due to the lack of info to search with!

Any ideas guys?

Last edited:

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
Havnt tried system restore yet, but have just downloaded malwarebyte and scanning now. will let you know of the results

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
It seems as though you were right vanthus! Scanned with malware bytes and found 120 odd infections! Removed them and task manager stays open now :)
Havnt had long enough to check for the access is denied error but will post back if it does appear again!

I just assummed norton scan would fix any problems but seems like i need to scan with malware every now and again to make sure there are no virus' or malware etc on the pc!

Thanks vanthus!