The 13th Working Day

Rakk

The Awesome
Since its been dispatched so early in the morning, could it be delivered later this afteroon? Only reason I'm asking is, I'm at work til 6:30PM, so I'd have to give me partner a ring since she's at home.

The delivery is always on a next day delivery (or later if there are delays or you're somewhere that has extra charges for delivery like NI), so no, if it's been dispatched today it will not arrive today.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Ah good. Was getting everything sorted for tomorrow anyway. :)
and if there is a problem, I'll just drive to whichever depo it's at and pick it up myself tomorrow afternoon :p

Unwina

Silver Level Poster
Ah good. Was getting everything sorted for tomorrow anyway. :)
and if there is a problem, I'll just drive to whichever depo it's at and pick it up myself tomorrow afternoon :p

Glad to see yours has finally moved on somewhat, mines still stuck "In Building".

I wonder if I was to ask PCS to call my PC "Elvis" then the final status might by "Elvis has left the building" :yawn:

11th working day now!.

Hope you get it before the weekend, if so have fun.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Cheers mate. Mine was in building a long time, but soon as it went into testing it sped up massively, spent 2 hours in testing, quality control 2 days, but was queueing for it one day, went into the hot room around 4pm yesterday, and came out fine this morning around 8:30am, put through to dispatch and order was dispatched around 10am. So from moving to testing, it was dispatched within 2 days. :)

Unwina

Silver Level Poster
Just got email to say mine has moved into testing 13:19 today, who needs the button when email works. It say up to 48hours depending on spec, I'd rather they get the testing and hot room stuff right than get it delivered quickly IMHO.

Anyway things are finally moving after quite a wait - Just 6.5 days in the "In Building Stage", I notice also the averages of last 5 days are improving.

If I've got one gripe about the lead times info is that its working days and therefore it would be more logical weeks wise to use 5/10/15/20/25 days since 14 working days is nearly 3 weeks and 28 wkg days is actually 5.6 weeks. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
Glad to hear it , were as I mentioned earlier has gone from one intel chip they was waiting for as all of a sudden changed to the motherboard ????
I have tried the online support but that has rendered useless over the last couple of days, had'nt had time to call as been busy at work :(

MeveM

Bright Spark
Hmm, My status was Order dispatched early this morning, and now my tracker says

"Parcel Picked Up 25/08/11 16:05 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE "
"Parcel data received awaiting coll. 25/08/11 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE ".
Does this mean it's been picked up at PCS at 16:05 or at Leeds Depo at 16:05? Because, that's after 3PM, and now as a massive worrier, is it gonna be tomorrow? x_X

Rakk

The Awesome
Hmm, My status was Order dispatched early this morning, and now my tracker says

"Parcel Picked Up 25/08/11 16:05 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE "
"Parcel data received awaiting coll. 25/08/11 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE ".
Does this mean it's been picked up at PCS at 16:05 or at Leeds Depo at 16:05? Because, that's after 3PM, and now as a massive worrier, is it gonna be tomorrow? x_X

It means it was logged in at Leeds depot at 4:05, ie. when the guy returned to the depot after picking up and delivering all day.
It will do most of its travelling overnight, and presuming no hold ups on route to your local depot it should be with you tomorrow.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Pheew, thanks for that Rakk, should be able to sleep tonight then :) As long as it comes to depo closer to me over night, I'll at the worst case scenario drive and pick it up myself, but Leeds is even further away then Holmfirth is from me :p

Unwina

Silver Level Poster
Now gone into QA, its moving along nicely still expecting after bank holiday delivery hopefully.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Here's a tip for you mate, ring PCS up, check if it'll be going for deliverly tomorrow, if it does, change it to Saturday delivery, just check with them if it'll get delivered this saturday then. I'd gladly pay £19 for that, was going to if I didnt get it dispatched today, which i did.

When I rang yesterday I asked about changing it to Saturday delivery incase of the QC being delayed, the guy I spoke to (Paul) said it'd probably be able to be sorted out. you might wanna give them a ring first thing tomorrow morning if you're desperate for it this bank holiday.

Last edited:

Unwina

Silver Level Poster
Cheers,

I'm not geared up for a receipt this weekend so its not gonna be a problem. My problem at the moment is a delivery on Tuesday gonna be spending the afternoon at the local hospital so bit worried I might miss that.

Nice tip though, these PCS boys are real accomodating it seems.

have some rep for that tip

MeveM

Bright Spark
Is it normal for the PC to go sightseeing before it gets delivered? :p
It's now down down to Wednesbury Hub (Birmingham) which is further from Blackpool then Leeds, which is where it went to start with.

Unwina

Silver Level Poster
It's now down down to Wednesbury Hub (Birmingham) which is further from Blackpool then Leeds, which is where it went to start with.

Just think how much more rounded your PC will be for the travelling it has done!. Perhaps its gone on a gap year.

Rakk

The Awesome

Does seem off that it would go down to Birmingham, I presume it doesn't say out for delivery?
And the parcels always go to Leeds first cos that is PCS's local depot

MeveM

Bright Spark
I did a bit of research and I found some information about it.
Wednesbury Hub is apparently now their massive national hub. So even if I'm in the north west, it's gone down there. No worries though, my PC got to Preston (My closest Hub) at 8:21, and is now out on delivery :) Went out for delivery at 9:11

I'm so excited! :D. Got me partner sitting at home, given her strict orders to keep a watchful eye on the street :p

MeveM

Bright Spark
lets hope she's not glued to the TV waiting for the DNA results then! :)

Haha, even if she was, TV's room is right next to the door, and its window out towards the street.

Now I just hope installing windows 7 will go OK. Really don't want to ring Microsoft, only installed it once on my current PC, I've read different reports, that you can install it 3 times before you need to ring microsoft to sort the licence out etc.

MeveM

Bright Spark
it will be fine, PCS sort out most of it, you jsut need to put in your name etc and your done

No no, I didn't get Windows 7 with my PC, since I have a proper retail copy at home. Saved me £80, which I pumped into a better case instead of the Maelstrom.