The 13th Working Day

Gorman

Author Level
I just find it strange on one day someone without fast track can get his PC built and tested the same day, whilst a few days later others sit a full week, seems a bit like the testers are working shifts, one day there's more testers who catch up on backlog, the next PC's go through it the same day, then they stack up, if PC's are being built quicker then they can be tested, it's not really good for the production line.

Anyway, it's all just speculations and you're right Gorman, we're just making ourselves worse with the worrying. I just can't get past the reviews others have writen lately, build and test same day, and then next day it's a backlog as if they magically appeared from nowhere. Would've thought most people would order their PC's at the end/start of the month where most people get paid, hence the confusion of 11.8.11 = No backlog. 16.8.11 = 5+ working days of backlog.

You cannot hope to get an accurate picture of what workload is on or the average lead times or anything useful at all from a few forum posts by a very small % of customers who actually post. Not least to say all the contributing factors that can affect a particular order. This way lies madness my friend.

Our throughput has been constant for the last 12 months or so within 50 or so machines. The most accurate and upto date info we have on lead times etc are given upfront on the order page. No magic, no major fluctuations its all there plain as day to see.

Honestly, a watched pot never boils is never as true as it is in this thread!

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
Im liking Gertrude man, good name. tbh i hadnt thought about spiderman, more of a cypress hill reference (hehe) (I LOVE GREEN :))

EDIT: my thread does seem to have grown into something i hadnt really intended, i hadnt meant to complain really but this seems to be the "angst at waiting" thread :)

Last edited:

MeveM

Bright Spark
In Testing! \o/ ... I might just become religious if it gets delivered on Friday, I'm certainly going to pray!

MeveM

Bright Spark
One can only hope!

Right. Going to try to play a game... See if I can not check my status again before 5pm. (I'll fail.)

MeveM

Bright Spark
Well... Bad new is. I failed at keeping away from the refresh button.
Good new is; it's already in Quality Control :D 2 hours after testing! Zbear is one fast tester.

(I feel ashamed now for moaning earlier :( )

Last edited:

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
glad it nearly sorted, just ask about the progress on mine with the online support, in regards to a intel xeon chip they are waiting for, well 45 minutes later and I am still waiting for a response, a Mustafa Ramzan was just going to check on it for us, and still waiting. I have tried to prompt but no response

Freeley

I sometimes think that PCS have made a mistake by allowing us to track our orders - it seems to result in endless threads/posts of people moaning about their order not being ready even when they're still within the ESTIMATED time scales.
What's up with everybody?? I know the wait can be difficult when you're hankering after your new pc but seriously, get a grip.

I must be getting old.......and miserable. :wheelchair:

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
I just think people are concerned when spending £1k + especially 1st time buyers, not just with PCS but any company, especially when you look at the current climate and the global ecomony, and generally the aftersales can either make or break or company. I think it is just common sense to be concerned and to query orders, after all we are not talking pennies :)

Freeley

Yeah i suppose you're right, i was in the same boat earlier this year but i just think there are other things in life to worry about apart from whether your pc gets made in 14 days or 28 days or whatever, let alone inventing conspiracy theories about other people pushing in, and generally working yourself up into a lather.

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah i suppose you're right, i was in the same boat earlier this year but i just think there are other things in life to worry about apart from whether your pc gets made in 14 days or 28 days or whatever, let alone inventing conspiracy theories about other people pushing in, and generally working yourself up into a lather.

Yes as you say the theories are a little too far :)

MeveM

Bright Spark

You might have other things in life to worry about, others don't. I find the TV to be a dumb box that makes the modern society more and more stupid. I lose IQ everytime Corry comes on the Tele, and I can hear my brain squeeling in pain as it slowly withers away. I use my PC as entertainment, without some form of entertainment you'll get anxious and annoyed, since life would only evolve around work. So yes, since I am lucky enough to have a partner who share my interest in PC's in general and gaming. So yes, I think I've got a pretty good reason to be worried and excited about my PC's progress.

pauwal

My PC has been picked up by Yodel, so all being well I should recieve it tomorrow :)

The bad news is the brand new shiny computer desk I ordered may arrive tomorrow, friday or monday, and I really dont want to have to mess about setting my comuter up on the old desk just to have to move it days later :(

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
Thats great news, something I have found odd with my order it is in its 8th pre production day, initially they were waiting on my intel chip, now when i checked they are waiting on the asus motherboard ????? are they checking each component individually waiting till they get that in stock then checking the next?? originally they had everything all barring the intel chip, now I find they are waiting on the motherboard.not to be a winger but it clearly stated in black and white it was ready for production and all that was missing was the intel chip, there was me getting all excited,guess that will add a few more days :(

Last edited:

MeveM

Bright Spark
And Order Dispatched already. God I do love PCS.#

Since its been dispatched so early in the morning, could it be delivered later this afteroon? Only reason I'm asking is, I'm at work til 6:30PM, so I'd have to give me partner a ring since she's at home.