The best way to Dual Monitor?

neewhom

Silver Level Poster
Hey! i should really stop lurking here because i just keep thinking of new questions, but your quick responsive helpfullness is hard to turn down! so thanks in advance.

Ive been dual monitoring for a good 3-4 years now, and for the past year or so ive been doing it with a Geforce 260gtx (Which i believed is a 1gb card but doing alot of looking on the net i cant find a single mention of this card having 1gb onboard :s)

anyway, its been doing well on its own with 2 dual monitors running 1680:1050 while intense gaming for long periods which i believe to be quite a feat.

Now that im upgrading all my other hardware (except the GPU) im looking at in the near future upgrading the GPU to an SLI setup most likely using the 400 cards.

Now im wondering, weather this is the best choice, to for example go for 2x 460's or maybe just 1 480?

the reason dual monitors comes into this is because im wondering does the load become easier if one monitor is in on gpu, and the other monitor taking the second?

since im gonna continue with the dual monitors i would like to know the best choice of GPU setup to accompany it..

Any info appreciated!

Gorman

Author Level
I would go for one 480 over SLI anything as it gives you the option to SLI later on with 2 x 480's.

As for your question it will not make that much difference, two monitors is not a lot to ask of a modern GPU.