The Big Fat Giveaway of the Year 2023

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
New Year, same giveaway.

I'm not asking for anything in return. The games I offer are from Humble Choice and I own the game or it's not a game that I'm interested in. Keys are more likely to go to people who've made an effort to fit in here (if your very first post on the forum is to request a game I'll probably say no), and I will spin a wheel for a more popular game, but otherwise put in a request and I'll send the key when I can.

I'll bold recommendations (Steam rating 90+% or I personally recommend), and will try and provide a link to the Steam page if possible.

- 112 Operator (x2)
- 911 Operator (1 DLC included) & (x2 without DLC)

- ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare
- Alchemist's Castle
- The Amazing American Circus
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent & Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
- Amnesia: Rebirth
- Apotheon
- Arcade Spirits
- Automachef
- Avernum 3

- Backbone (x2)
- Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery
- Between the Stars
- Binary Domain
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- Book of Demons

- Boomerang Fu
- BPM: Bullets Per Minute
- Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

- Call of the Sea (x2)
- Chainsaw Warrior (no longer sold on Steam - rare!)
- Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
- Chivalry 2
- Cities Skylines: Snowfall (DLC Only)
- Conan Chop Chop
- Control Ultimate Edition
- Cosmonautica
- Cris Tales
- Crown Trick
- Crying Suns (x2)

- The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
- Darksburg
- Dead By Daylight
- Dead Island
- Dear Esther
- Death Squared
- Deep Dungeons of Doom

- Distrust
- Drawful 2
- Dreamfall Chapters
- Dreaming Sarah
- Driftland
- Due Process
- Dungeon of the ENDLESS

- Elderborn
- ENDLESS Space 2
- Euro Truck Simulator 2

- Farmer's Dynasty
- Fight'N Rage
- Forgive Me Father
- Fort Triumph
- Freaky Awesome
- Friends vs Friends
- Fury Unleashed (x2)

- Game Guru (software)
- Gamedec
- Gas Station Simulator
- Gloria Victis
- Gremlins Inc
- Guilty Gear X2 Reload
- Gunmetal Arcadia Zero
- Gunpoint

- Hack 'n' Slash
- Hamilton's Great Adventure
- Hard Reset
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
- Hexologic
- Hidden Folks
- Highway Blossoms
- Hiveswap Friendsim
- Hokko Life
- Honey, I Joined a Cult
- Hot Brass

- If Found
- In Other Waters

- Just Cause 4

- Kerbal Space Program
- Kill It With Fire
-
Killsquad
- Kingdom: Two Crowns
- Kraken Academy!!

Part 2 of my list is in the next post
Part 3 can be found here
@Tron1982 has made some games available here!
@Wololo_n00b has some games available here
@SpyderTracks has a code for Wolfenstein: The New Order

Last edited:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Part 2
- Last Call BBS
- The Legend of Tianding
-
Levelhead
- Life is Strange 2
- LISA
-
The Long Dark
- Lucius Demake
- Lust From Beyond: M Edition

- Magicka
- Main Assembly
- Max Payne
- Minit
- MirrorMoon EP
- Mobius Front '83
- Monaco (x2)
- Monster Prom 2: Monster Camp
- Monster Sanctuary
- Mordhau

- Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker
- Nex Machina
- No Time To Explain

- Orbital Racer
- Out of Reach
- Out Of Space
- Outward (The Soroborean DLC included)
- Oxenfree

- The Pale Beyond
- Pathway
- Pawnbarian
- Payday 2
- Pilgrims

- Pixplode
- Pixross
- Popup Dungeon
- Praey for the Gods
- Project Winter

- Quadrata

- Rebel Cops
- Rebel Inc: Escalation
- Red Faction: Armageddon
- Remnants of Naezith
- Ring of Pain
-
Roarr! (no longer sold on Steam)
- Rock of Ages 3
- Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos
- Rollerdrome
- RPG Maker VX (software, not a game)
- Rustler (Grand Theft Horse)
- Rym 9000

- Sable
- Sanctum 2
- ScourgeBringer

- Shadowrun: Hong Kong
- SimpleRockets 2
- Simulacra
- Slay The Spire
- Slinger VR
- Sonic Adventure 2
- Sonic Generations Collection
-
Sonic mini collection (Includes Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine & Sonic Spinball plus Sonic 3 & Knuckles)
- Soul Axiom
- Soulblight (x2)
- Soul Searching
- Space Pilgrim
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy
- Stacking
- Starbound

- Staxel
- Stikir
- Strange Brigade
- Sunlight
- Sunrider Academy
- Sunset Overdrive
- Supraland
- Surgeon Simulator
- The Survivalists
- Suzerain
- System Shock: Enhanced Edition

- Tacoma
- Tannenberg
- Telefrag VR
- Temtem
- Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
- Textorcist
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
- Through the Darkest of Times
- This War of Mine
- Ticket To Ride
- TOEM

- Tools Up!
- Tooth & Tail
- Tower 57
- Treasure Hunter Simulator
- Tribes of Midgard

- The Uncertain: Last Quiet Day
- Unpacking

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
You’re the hero Gotham needs, Denz. If I’m not being too cheeky, please could I request two titles? I love a point and clicker so Broken Sword 5 is right up my street. And I’ve fond memories of Alpha Protocol, it’d be nice to revisit that.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
You’re the hero Gotham needs, Denz. If I’m not being too cheeky, please could I request two titles? I love a point and clicker so Broken Sword 5 is right up my street. And I’ve fond memories of Alpha Protocol, it’d be nice to revisit that.
I can do that. Fair warning - the goat is back in BS5, but is much easier to outwit this time!

Considering Alpha Protocol is no longer available on the Steam store, I'm not 100% certain the key will even work. Thanks for being the guinea pig in trying this out.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I can do that. Fair warning - the goat is back in BS5, but is much easier to outwit this time!
If the puzzle involves a captive bolt gun, my time with that goat is about to come to a bloody and long overdue conclusion.

Considering Alpha Protocol is no longer available on the Steam store, I'm not 100% certain the key will even work. Thanks for being the guinea pig in trying this out.
Many thanks, I’ll let you know the outcome 👍👍👍

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The Ascent is excellent too by the way for an isometric top down cyberpunk shooter. Enjoyed it a lot

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy is one of those I can't believe this actually got made insane nonsense games from the same studio as Heavy Rain, Detroit: Become Human, etc. It's completely bonkers and unintentionally hilarious

Magicka is a real gem, super duper jank but almost feels on purpose. Best played with a friend it's a genuinely fantastic and memorable experience of killing your mates and yourself in increasingly hilarious and incompetent ways

Wizard of Legend is one of the better Roguelikes out there, super slick controls, great art style, cool music and really really fun and challenging

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The Ascent is excellent too by the way for an isometric top down cyberpunk shooter. Enjoyed it a lot

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy is one of those I can't believe this actually got made insane nonsense games from the same studio as Heavy Rain, Detroit: Become Human, etc. It's completely bonkers and unintentionally hilarious

Magicka is a real gem, super duper jank but almost feels on purpose. Best played with a friend it's a genuinely fantastic and memorable experience of killing your mates and yourself in increasingly hilarious and incompetent ways

Wizard of Legend is one of the better Roguelikes out there, super slick controls, great art style, cool music and really really fun and challenging
I thought for a second you were claiming all of those, then realised you were just giving your own review for people who may be interested. I'd have totally sent them to you! :ROFLMAO:

CMP01

Enthusiast

Wizard of Legend was actually pretty damn good (considering I don't really go for Roguelikes) and was actually one of the games that kept my interest (and sub) for Gamepass going as long as it did.

Question though, as I'll assume you've played the above, but what's The Ascent like as a single player run... worth the asking or doing?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Wizard of Legend was actually pretty damn good (considering I don't really go for Roguelikes) and was actually one of the games that kept my interest (and sub) for Gamepass going as long as it did.

Question though, as I'll assume you've played the above, but what's The Ascent like as a single player run... worth the asking or doing?
I only played it single player and really really enjoyed it

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam

Steveyg has recommended it. I had a good time with it until I switched to Cyberpunk 2077 once the first major fix was released. I'd say it's probably worth a go and so I can send you the key if you like? It's not been claimed since August, and I'd like to see it go to a good home!

Right people, we have our first fight to the death of 2023 (I'm assuming you read my first post in full?), as the main game Humble Choice has thrown out is Doom Eternal. I already have it, so I will be offering it out to the masses. I'm working this evening so haven't had a proper look at what else is available, but that is at least one game that is up for grabs. Anybody interested in a free game of that calibre?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
the main game Humble Choice has thrown out is Doom Eternal. I already have it, so I will be offering it out to the masses. I'm working this evening so haven't had a proper look at what else is available, but that is at least one game that is up for grabs. Anybody interested in a free game of that calibre?
Cracking game! Anyone who snaps this one up is a lucky human bean!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
So, just to confim, I am now also offering:

- Tribes of Midgard
- Conan Chop Chop
- Hokko Life

...as demonstrated below. Two of the games were on my wishlist, so I figured I'd take the bundle even if all I got was OlliOlli World & The Serpent Rogue. Encased and Grow look interesting too, so they can join the backlog.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

CMP01

Enthusiast
Insanely good game, I adore the Doom reboots, absolutely incredible both for gameplay (INTENSE) and personally I love the story line, find it really engaging.

Added bonus: A few other devs could take notes on the optimisation side. I had Doom 2016 on my old, old gaming laptop (i7 4720HQ, GTX 970m 3Gb, 16 Gb RAM,1080p 60Hz) and it was an outlier among contemporary AAA games in that it ran, at ultra, double the refresh rate... and still looked great, either in action or screen shots.
Probably not so noteworthy for any remotely newer specs but for this one fps as high as you can push it is worth it.
Doom Eternal is a bit more demanding but runs similarly snappy.

CMP01

Enthusiast
Steveyg has recommended it. I had a good time with it until I switched to Cyberpunk 2077 once the first major fix was released. I'd say it's probably worth a go and so I can send you the key if you like? It's not been claimed since August, and I'd like to see it go to a good home!

Right people, we have our first fight to the death of 2023 (I'm assuming you read my first post in full?), as the main game Humble Choice has thrown out is Doom Eternal. I already have it, so I will be offering it out to the masses. I'm working this evening so haven't had a proper look at what else is available, but that is at least one game that is up for grabs. Anybody interested in a free game of that calibre?

I'll take you up on that offer of The Ascent then, ta. I've seen it'll run very well on the Steam Deck well too, which is a big draw.

Tbh though Fling to the Finish looks good. I'm ok for sp games for me, much backlog and not much gaming time lately, but I'm always open to more coop stuff for my gf to lift her mood (she's not been doing too well coping with illness and the season etc unfortunately) She liked Phogs, which is similar, but this looks more competitive which is great for her (she can be downright savage at Mario Kart 8) Would it be cheeky if I asked for that as well?

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I'll take you up on that offer of The Ascent then, ta. I've seen it'll run very well on the Steam Deck well too, which is a big draw.

Tbh though Fling to the Finish looks good. I'm ok for sp games for me, much backlog and not much gaming time lately, but I'm always open to more coop stuff for my gf to lift her mood (she's not been doing too well coping with illness and the season etc unfortunately) She liked Phogs, which is similar, but this looks more competitive which is great for her (she can be downright savage at Mario Kart 8) Would it be cheeky if I asked for that as well?
From memory, most of the games you've claimed from me have been coop so you can play with your gf. Fling to the Finish does look like a lot of fun and I'd have claimed it myself if I had someone to play games with. Hopefully the two of you will have a lot of fun with it. I'll send both games to you shortly.

Thank you for your offerings sir. I shall update my first post (even though we're still on the same page) so people know where to find your games!