The Big Fat Giveaway of the Year 2023

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Just a regular amount. Nothing extreme at all...2846...as I say, a normal amount!

giphy.gif

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm just jealous. Mine is piddly

1680988239360.png

You can ignore the "Uncategorized" section as that's all the multiplayer server stuff that get's automatically attached, but I don't use.

I need to get my completed up!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Yeah, I used to play FM a lot...and CM before that. Had everything from 2000 CM to 2013 FM at one point on either Steam or on DVD. Kind of stopped playing around 13 as it was just getting way too complex for me...I used to love CM3 as you could do an entire season in one 10 hours session :)
I dabbled a bit myself...

Capture.JPG

First played CM97/98 and was hooked from then on!

Also gave up due to the increasing complexity year on year. I still enjoy sports management games, but not FM anymore. There's a baseball equivalent Out of the Park Baseball and you can do a whole 162 game MLB season in a couple of evenings. Takes a week or more of dedicated playing to do a full season of FM these days.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I dabbled a bit myself...

View attachment 36609

First played CM97/98 and was hooked from then on!

Also gave up due to the increasing complexity year on year. I still enjoy sports management games, but not FM anymore. There's a baseball equivalent Out of the Park Baseball and you can do a whole 162 game MLB season in a couple of evenings. Takes a week or more of dedicated playing to do a full season of FM these days.

play time 790 hrs for one FM game,

i take it you define dabbled the same as "a normal collection"

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Across the 5 FM games I have on Steam, I have 1575.5 hours played, which is in the region of 315 or so hours per version. Some years I dabbled more than others I guess!

works out at around 65 full days

your probably qualified to manage Barcelona in real life now (y)

denz dictionary - "a normal collection" = thousands of games
"dabbled" = played for all of time
"know a few people" = knows the population of san marino

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I hope the OPs don't mind me offering a game

I have a key for Wolfenstein New Order going on GOG, anyone with over 100 posts only please, send me a PM.
Have shared that in the first post, so hopefully someone will see it and let you know they want it.

New month, new games on offer from me.

- Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition
- Operation: Tango
- Windjammers 2
- Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery

Spiritfarer broke me - so wholesome. So emotionally devastating.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Spiritfrarer looks interesting, the other half has decided she wants to get into playing games with me so we've been trekking through some of the classics like Mario, the old Zelda Games, and Sonic but she really prefers the more modern stuff. Absolutely hooked on Stardew Valley which means I lose the use of my computer a handful of evenings a week. This looks like it could be up her street, depends on how much management is involved or tight controls she hasn't grasped yet. One to add to my list for sure, have Ori waiting for when the controls get more comfortable for her

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Spiritfrarer looks interesting, the other half has decided she wants to get into playing games with me so we've been trekking through some of the classics like Mario, the old Zelda Games, and Sonic but she really prefers the more modern stuff. Absolutely hooked on Stardew Valley which means I lose the use of my computer a handful of evenings a week. This looks like it could be up her street, depends on how much management is involved or tight controls she hasn't grasped yet. One to add to my list for sure, have Ori waiting for when the controls get more comfortable for her
The controls are very forgiving - it's a real pick up and play kinda game in that sense. There's a fair bit of resource management - upgrading your boat with better accomodation for your souls requires different types of wood or other resources, but there's a pretty extensive wiki which explains where you're likely to find them. Your spirits will also want fed on a daily basis and have particular favourite food types, and so that can get a bit fiddly making sure you have plain foods, exotic foods, desserts, etc. It's not tood complex though, and Spiritfarer's appeal is very much in the storytelling side of things, even though it can get quite emotional in places.

I'll put you down as a maybe for the game.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The controls are very forgiving - it's a real pick up and play kinda game in that sense. There's a fair bit of resource management - upgrading your boat with better accomodation for your souls requires different types of wood or other resources, but there's a pretty extensive wiki which explains where you're likely to find them. Your spirits will also want fed on a daily basis and have particular favourite food types, and so that can get a bit fiddly making sure you have plain foods, exotic foods, desserts, etc. It's not tood complex though, and Spiritfarer's appeal is very much in the storytelling side of things, even though it can get quite emotional in places.

I'll put you down as a maybe for the game.
Yeah sounds like a fair bit of juggling that I don't think she's quite ready for right now. Stardew Valley is perfect that there is basically no stakes and no real way to "fail" just always progressing. Aiming at maybe Harvest Moon next when she get's fed up with it and wants new scenery

I'm open to suggestions too if anyone has any about fairly simple controls and a decent story. Or fun moment to moment game play

I'm going to make her play Diablo 4 with me to be honest which goes against everything I just said, just hope Blizz get the finger out and allow couch co-op on PC like they have on consoles. The easier difficulties are a breeze tbh on Diablo games so I can carry through most of the "hard" moments to make sure we can push the entire game just better have the couch co-op

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Yeah sounds like a fair bit of juggling that I don't think she's quite ready for right now. Stardew Valley is perfect that there is basically no stakes and no real way to "fail" just always progressing. Aiming at maybe Harvest Moon next when she get's fed up with it and wants new scenery

I'm open to suggestions too if anyone has any about fairly simple controls and a decent story. Or fun moment to moment game play

I'm going to make her play Diablo 4 with me to be honest which goes against everything I just said, just hope Blizz get the finger out and allow couch co-op on PC like they have on consoles. The easier difficulties are a breeze tbh on Diablo games so I can carry through most of the "hard" moments to make sure we can push the entire game just better have the couch co-op
It's no more complex than Stardew Valley really, assuming your other half is building up friendships, etc alongside running the farm. @Tron1982 has asked for it, but you showed an interest first. Still want it? Or are you definitely passing on it this time round?

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's no more complex than Stardew Valley really, assuming your other half is building up friendships, etc alongside running the farm. @Tron1982 has asked for it, but you showed an interest first. Still want it? Or are you definitely passing on it this time round?
If @Steveyg want it in the slightest, I let it to him
(Because he asked it first, and because I already received more than anyone, so it's normal that other enjoy your gift @ActuallyDenz ^^)