The biggest disappointment Arrived today

Status
Not open for further replies.

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
Finally received my pc today.....all I can say is I am very disappointed with what I recieved and how I received it.

1. I was at work today when my PC arrived only to find it had been left with a neighbour though there is a clear sticker on the box in black and white indicating not to leave it with neighbours and only to leave it with the consignee,

2. When the neighbour knocked on my door to let me know I went to pick the parcel from her house as it was too big, I noticed there was a big hole in the box like something has gone through it or dropped on it. On the sticker that surrounds the box it indicates that before signing for the parcel check the seal has not been broken or there is no damage to the box to make sure everything is in good order, needless to say I was unable to do this as I was not there to collect it as it went to a neighbours
though according to the sticker this is a breach of contract.

3. on opening the box and taking the tower out I heard a few rattles from inside the tower curious to find out what is was, the titan was resting on the graphics card just wobbling around, looking at it the cpu cooler looks like it has not been stablized inside, I find it hard to beleve it that all four screws have come that loose .

So in short I am disgusted and mortified after patiently waiting 17 days for it to arrive which is equal to nearly 4 weeks and spending just under £1700.00 all I can say I will be on the phone tommorow and making arrangments for this to be collected, the way I feel at the moment I feel like asking for a refund I am seriously p****d off.

1700.00 and 17 days to get a bin :mad::mad:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Well by the sounds of it, it isnt PCS's fault, even you admit it was delivered in breach of contract to a neighbour, it had been dropped or something dropped on it, etc. I think the more pressing point is you need to contact Yodel, obviously let PCS know but Yodel are the ones that seem more likley to have damaged your product, and as you say were in breach of contract delivering to your neighbour.

You come on here, understandablly annoyed, however all you end up doing is giving a bad impression of PCS to other customers, when, at this stage you have no idea who is to blame.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
gutted dude.

I'm going to be honest here. I don't think this is due to PCS not doing something that they should have done. It really does sound like its had a very very rough transit.

Was the box sealed correctly when you received it?

MadMan

Super Star
I feel for you mate as you have waited a a long time and spent a lot of money but that driver needs to be sacked!

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
Well by the sounds of it, it isnt PCS's fault, even you admit it was delivered in breach of contract to a neighbour, it had been dropped or something dropped on it, etc. I think the more pressing point is you need to contact Yodel, obviously let PCS know but Yodel are the ones that seem more likley to have damaged your product, and as you say were in breach of contract delivering to your neighbour.

You come on here, understandablly annoyed, however all you end up doing is giving a bad impression of PCS to other customers, when, at this stage you have no idea who is to blame.

Well Maybe PCS may not be to blame but it is hard to imagin how the cpu cooler/Titan has come as loose as it has, that is questionable, Or the driver has hit every speed bump possible and done 50 round corners?? All I know someone is responsible and £1700 of my money responsible, Due to the fact that it has been rattling around in the tower and especially banging against the Quadro 4000 installed on it, I am very doubltful that will also be in working order, What makes it even worse I have passed my old workhorse on, so how the hell am I suppose to do the work I do now without a PC.

Will be calling them today 1st thing to explain my problem and return it, I am hoping that PCS will do everything they can to get this back to me straight away and also calling YODEL to complain. Maybe they should of put some kind of packing inside the tower as the titan is top heavy and it would of most probably prevented this fiasco and prevented/restricted any other components from going mobile

Well for PCS sake I do hope I get the PC back within 2 weeks, because I cannot wait any longer It has already been 4 weeks to long.

But to re-iterate I am 1 hacked off guy, either way I am in a lose lose situation no NEW PC no OLD PC now

And thanks for the responses

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Ok this is probably gonna not be helpful for this time round but hopefully next time it will make you think. Dont ever sell something you need to do your job before you recieve and are using the new one. I use my pc for my work and wouldnt ever have sold or given away my old one until I knew I had my new one infront of me setup and running the software I use to make my living. Its just a ridiculous thing to do tbh.

Anyway, normally PCS do pack the inside, ive never seen them not do it, maybe this is a mistake on PCS's part which then wasnt helped by the obviously poor delivery driver. I know if my pc had a pretty rough transit tht my titan could work its way free, its a big cooler as you know.

Rakk

The Awesome
If you call PCS this morning, they can probably tell you how to put the Titan back on if its just come loose.
Hopefully that should sort everything

MeveM

Bright Spark
Seems like a pretty damn bad delivery by Yodel, but Frenchy seems to completely ignore the screws that hold the CPU cooler, you'd have to drop it from a few floors up out a window to break 4 or howmany screws there are. I cannot see how they'd just unscrew themselves.

Were the CPU cooler screws snapped or simply just come off? If they've snapped, it's a Yodel problem, if they've just come off, it's a PCS problem, but the shoddy delivery itself is no matter how you look at it, a massive failure from Yodel.

MeveM

Bright Spark
If you call PCS this morning, they can probably tell you how to put the Titan back on if its just come loose.
Hopefully that should sort everything

If the cooler has dropped onto the GPU, and then continued to roll around on it, as far as I understand, the titan is pretty big and heavy, could possibly done some pretty bad damage to something as fragile as a GPU.

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
Ok this is probably gonna not be helpful for this time round but hopefully next time it will make you think. Dont ever sell something you need to do your job before you recieve and are using the new one. I use my pc for my work and wouldnt ever have sold or given away my old one until I knew I had my new one infront of me setup and running the software I use to make my living. Its just a ridiculous thing to do tbh.

Anyway, normally PCS do pack the inside, ive never seen them not do it, maybe this is a mistake on PCS's part which then wasnt helped by the obviously poor delivery driver. I know if my pc had a pretty rough transit tht my titan could work its way free, its a big cooler as you know.

The oppurtunity came along to sell my PC for a decent price to a friend as he needed one asap for his work, and also the money I got from my old one would compensate alittle towards the cost I have shelled out for the new one, so rather than loosing out I decided to sell and knowing my PC was on its way, but never prepared for what I got I guess, so I see your point in a fashion.

In regards to the inside been packed there was nothing to be seen apart from the components and the titan hanging on for its life, I thought It was standard policy to pack the inside but there you go???

If it had of been packed maybe it would of prevented the titan working its way loose and I would not be in the negative state I am in, and I would have pics up on here rather than a bad attitude, but definately think that the graphics card will need replacing as the titan would of been banging against the circuit board.

On a postive note the cable management was pretty good !

Rakk

The Awesome
If the cooler has dropped onto the GPU, and then continued to roll around on it, as far as I understand, the titan is pretty big and heavy, could possibly done some pretty bad damage to something as fragile as a GPU.

Yes, but it's also possible that it's all still perfectly fine, so if the cooler can be re-attached, and everything can be set up properly, it may still be good. It's definitely worth a try. Of course if the screws are broken/sheared this wont be possible, but as I say it's worth a try.

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
It is not so much rolling around but rather wobbling aggresively against the gpu, like I stated it is still connected by 2 screws from what I can see, but I was thinking the same thing I would rather it be replaced other than a weeks months down the line something going wrong with it. but I will put this to PCS on the phone after 9.

I am SOOOOOOOoooo P****d

MeveM

Bright Spark
Yes, but it's also possible that it's all still perfectly fine, so if the cooler can be re-attached, and everything can be set up properly, it may still be good. It's definitely worth a try. Of course if the screws are broken/sheared this wont be possible, but as I say it's worth a try.

I wouldn't chance it. Depending on the warrenty, it might run fine for a year, and then the small damage that was caused in transit just happens to break after warrenty and there's a few hundred quid gone due to a yodel driver and no warrenty to cover it.

For a product of £1700, I wouldn't accept it after having to fix it myself with no idea if it's actually working to its pristine performance it should.

Rakk

The Awesome
I wouldn't chance it. Depending on the warrenty, it might run fine for a year, and then the small damage that was caused in transit just happens to break after warrenty and there's a few hundred quid gone due to a yodel driver and no warrenty to cover it.
Thats why I said ring PCS :)
They will be able to guide through checking a few things and decide what needs to be done.

jastow

Bronze Level Poster

For a product of £1700, I wouldn't accept it after having to fix it myself with no idea if it's actually working to its pristine performance it should.

+1 £1700 is a big risk and common sense would tell me to send it back, hopefully nothing to major!

update : just rang PCS going to send it back, they will do what they need to do and put it back in QC for a couple of days, though initially they said to try tighten the Titan, but insisted I would rather it go back has the GPU could be at fault also....so going back Monday :(.

The guy I spoke to from PCS was very helpful though, more than I could say when I spoke to yodel !!

Edit: I was asked to take the titan off, I did it under the condition it was at there risk which he agreed so it would not cause any damage or further damage, after taking it off it seems the screws have broke .....2 of them anyway.

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Yodel strike again. Doesn't matter what the sticker said. The driver probably couldn't read it.

Im actually getting sick of all this yodel is crap talk, ive never had a problem with them and so have thousands of other deliveries per day. Yes there are a few crap drivers, but same can be said for any company, there will always be **** employees who cut corners because they cant be bothered. This is just a fact of life.

Rather than just a general complaint, why not take some initiative (this isnt aimed at you onlynik, its aimed at anyone complaining about the service they recieved) take down the numberoplate and time of delivery and then write a formal letter of complaint to Yodel with the precise details of what happened. Its not in Yodels interest to have bad drivers and so I am sure if you put in a proper complaint they will want to do whatever they can to sort out that particular driver.

MeveM

Bright Spark
As much as I agree with you Frenchy, a single person sending a complaint about a company they might not even use again won't make much of a difference to Yodel, however, PCS use Yodel for their whole business deliveries, so a complaint from PCS would hit home since it'd be a massive loss if they lose a whole company rather then individual consumers.

PCS might already do this. PCS has just as much of a track record of all the deliveries, I can still to this day (few weeks after deliver) see my delivery record in my profile. If a PCS customer send back their PC's straight after delivery, and PCS get enough of these situations, then they have full access to all the details we have.

single complaints do nothing, it'd have to be a business wide complaint, or a consumer taking it to the news paper for anyone to take any notice.

All that said, my personal experience with Yodel was to perfection.

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
As much as I agree with you Frenchy, a single person sending a complaint about a company they might not even use again won't make much of a difference to Yodel, however, PCS use Yodel for their whole business deliveries, so a complaint from PCS would hit home since it'd be a massive loss if they lose a whole company rather then individual consumers.

PCS might already do this. PCS has just as much of a track record of all the deliveries, I can still to this day (few weeks after deliver) see my delivery record in my profile. If a PCS customer send back their PC's straight after delivery, and PCS get enough of these situations, then they have full access to all the details we have.

single complaints do nothing, it'd have to be a business wide complaint, or a consumer taking it to the news paper for anyone to take any notice.

All that said, my personal experience with Yodel was to perfection.

I disagree actually, not about PCS (I agree that a company can put some weight behind a complaint) however I think individuals to make a difference, but because most individuals think they dont, they dont bother. The point is if there were several complaints made about a particular driver (if people actually did compalin im sure there would be) since the driver most likley is as bad on most deliveries, not just the one, then a company like Yodel who dont want to have a bad reputation will do something about the driver in question.

The whole thing is though, that most people dont complain because they think it will make no difference. Just like the story of the villiage who was told everyone had to put a penny into a well to raise some money for charity or soemthing, when it came to the end the well was opened and thousands of little pebbles were found inside. Turns out everyone was relying on the others because they couldnt see hwo their extra penny would make any difference.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Only problem with a complaint about a delivery company is that the PCS boxes will have been handled by more then one person. Someone will pick it up from PCS, leave it at a depot, it'll then be taken in one lorry to a main hub, from which a different lorry will then take it to a local depot, from which it will be picked up by the final delivery man. So there's atleast 4 different people handling the box, and that does not include any workers at the 2+ depots moving it around within the building. There's 4 delivery guys, one pick up, one drop off, two+ lorries and then added staff at depots. Who dropped the box? No-one will take the blame. It'll be impossible to track who did what since they don't do reports how the package state between each hand over.

It'd take thousands of complaints to find out if there's one of those 4+ people that come up in more complaints then others.

Status
Not open for further replies.