The first in the Z68 series of boards the P8Z68-V PRO has arrived!

Gorman

Author Level
Your dream Z68 motherboard, with full support for faster video transcoding and universal switchable graphics.
P_500.jpg

•Dual Intelligent Processors 2 with DIGI+ VRM
•GPU Boost - Push the Limits with iGPU Level Up!
•BT GO! (Bluetooth) - Diverse BT Enjoyment, New Technology Lifestyle
•UEFI BIOS (EZ Mode) - Flexible & Easy BIOS Interface
•Quad USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s Support - Double Access, Double Convenience
•Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support!

Intel_Smart_Response_Technology.jpg

Intel® Smart Response Technology

Faster Access, Bigger Storage Intel® Smart Response Technology boosts overall system performance. It uses an installed fast SSD (min 18.6GB available) as a cache for frequently accessed operations, speeding up hard drive/main memory interaction. Key benefits are expedited hard drive speeds, reduced load and wait times and maximized storage utilization. Power consumption also goes down by reducing unnecessary hard drive spin, an important part of Green ASUS eco-friendly computing

LucidLogix.jpg

LucidLogix® Virtu Perfect Fit for Graphics and Multimedia

LucidLogix® Virtu is designed for the Intel® Sandy Bridge platform's powerful integrated graphics. Its GPU virtualization dynamically assigns tasks to the best available graphics resources based on power, performance and system load on Windows® 7 based PCs. It allows users to fully utilize the unique capabilities of advanced Sandy Bridge multimedia features alongside the high end 3D rendering performance provided by installed graphics cards. When no discrete graphics are needed, the graphics card is put in idle mode to lower utilization, heat, fan speed and power draw down to near zero, making the system more environmentally-friendly. For users with diverse needs, LucidLogix® Virtu GPU virtualization provides great flexibility and efficiency.

Teaz

Godlike
That board looks nicee! Wished they released the Virtu designs earlier before i bought my pc, would of been nice :pinch:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Youd only be waiting for the next thing Teaz and wished youd waited for that :D

Same old same old, just be pleased that when you get your next PC, there'll be a hell of a lot more Zs, Xs and numbers in the title of the Mobo you get :D

Teaz

Godlike
haha true say. Just hope it doesnt have that many Zs and Xs down the road otherwise we kinda gettin robbed especially the state of this world is in and it continues down the line.

jayjay

Enthusiast
not available in overclocked pc?

is there a reason why this board can not be speced on an oc i7 thanks:shaun:

Maestro

we are just working on the settings. For new boards that we intend using for overclocking we need to give em a good test.

jayjay

Enthusiast
how to enable caching

i was reading that to enable caching you must set up a raid config so if purchasing one of these boards which raid option should you choose thanks

Gorman

Author Level
and i completely missed the point of your question.

You are right there is no option that applies here in RAID as it does need setting up in BIOS and will negate other RAID options. Will look into this, any orders that want this setting up should put a note on their order or otherwise contact us.

essjayar

Plz get this on the overclock build list before mine is built :)

In fact, I'll test it for you. Build me an overclocked i5k on a Z board, and if it remains stable, I'll keep it. My original spec has been posted :D

PS don't mind using Raid, but not mirrored, waste of space.

essjayar

Available on overclock orders now

Seems it's available now as an option for overclocked builds.

Just changed my spec :)

Glad I caught it in time!