The Great RTX 3060ti Wait and Delivery Thread

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, I got the message telling me that it'd be tomorrow while I was still looking at the driver pretending he attempted todays delivery.
I don't understand what that gains them, seems odd, the fact they saw you as well, just really can't understand what would make a driver think that was an easier option than to fulfil the delivery.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I don't understand what that gains them, seems odd, the fact they saw you as well, just really can't understand what would make a driver think that was an easier option than to fulfil the delivery.
Too lazy to load everything in the van so chanced his arm with just leaving a delivery attempt note and let the Saturday guy worry about it the next day?

Dan.C

Bronze Level Poster
It's gotta be something like that, it's the only thing that makes some kind of sense.
DPD don't get paid by the parcel, they don't own the van.

What makes no sense is not doing the delivery but driving to the location and dropping a note. The only thing I can think of is they had no room and managment told them to do this.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
DPD don't get paid by the parcel, they don't own the van.

What makes no sense is not doing the delivery but driving to the location and dropping a note. The only thing I can think of is they had no room and managment told them to do this.
DPD is often franchised and the drivers are contracted. That's if you're unlucky.

In our area we've got 2 regular DPD drivers who do work directly for the company and they're both 5 stars through and through, but it is largely dependent on your local driver unfortunately.

Dan.C

Bronze Level Poster
DPD is often franchised and the drivers are contracted. That's if you're unlucky.

In our area we've got 2 regular DPD drivers who do work directly for the company and they're both 5 stars through and through, but it is largely dependent on your local driver unfortunately.

Sorry I'm talking about the Irish side of things. The last time I asked they didn't have any contractors working out of the hub, it was all DPD employed. Maybe he just didn't know what he was talking about but I heard similar from a few guys who've worked there in the last few years.

Yeah its the same through all the couriers but I find DPD are probably the best of what we have, never had any issues with my own delivereis or the lads we interact with while out on deliveres, I can't say the same for others.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry I'm talking about the Irish side of things. The last time I asked they didn't have any contractors working out of the hub, it was all DPD employed. Maybe he just didn't know what he was talking about but I heard similar from a few guys who've worked there in the last few years.

Yeah its the same through all the couriers but I find DPD are probably the best of what we have, never had any issues with my own delivereis or the lads we interact with while out on deliveres, I can't say the same for others.
Ah, yeah apologies, may well be different over there.

Spi

I might be missing something really obvious here but why didn't you open the door and say "Hello you belter I am in fact home." or something to that effect?
He'd rushed off back into the van across the road when I went to grab the missed delivery note, and as much as I want the PC I wasn't really up for chasing a van down the street.

I've not got that kind of pace these days
I got in touch with the local depot and he apparently said he didn't want to be carrying the heavy parcel over the road 'again', so I'm guessing it was late in his run and he just wanted to finish the easy ones.

barlew

Godlike
He'd rushed off back into the van across the road when I went to grab the missed delivery note, and as much as I want the PC I wasn't really up for chasing a van down the street.

I got in touch with the local depot and he apparently said he didn't want to be carrying the heavy parcel over the road 'again', so I'm guessing it was late in his run and he just wanted to finish the easy ones.

That is absolutely outrageous. What an absolute jobs worth! You must be raging.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

I’d definitely leave some feedback on that once delivery is complete.

Be sure not to click the ‘nominate someone for an amazing reward’ option… unless the reward is something along these lines:

279BE8D4-7FDE-4EAD-BF32-51E585952BA7.gif

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That is no excuse, that's what he's paid to do