The Last Of Us on PC!!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Tweet from Naughty Dog:

1680339950891.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As I said a few messages back, I'm pretty confident that Naughty Dog will put the time and effort into fixing the game and getting it to where it should have been on release. These kinds of tweets just confirm that.
Naughty Dog are one of the top developers out there, I have no doubt they'll get on top of it and quick. It's just such a shame it was released like this in the first place.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Capture.JPG

That top fix is probably why a lot of people had crashes on launch. The fact that the graphics settings defaults to where a lot of games tend to (mostly high on 4k with my 3080), but the game was using pretty much all available VRAM is a recipe for all the crashes!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
View attachment 36512

That top fix is probably why a lot of people had crashes on launch. The fact that the graphics settings defaults to where a lot of games tend to (mostly high on 4k with my 3080), but the game was using pretty much all available VRAM is a recipe for all the crashes!

its good that their fixing it just annoying that this is the modern way of releasing a broken game and then patching the hell out of it.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
And review bombs are the only kick back the customer has.
Not a fan of review bombing, but as you say, ther's the only kick back option we have. I've reviewed 40-odd games on Steam, but only 3 of those have been negative. Two of them were early access games that were abandoned before the devs completed the games. The other was a game that was eventually pulled from Steam as the devs had reused assets from other games.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
And review bombs are the only kick back the customer has.

and if the consumer just didnt buy the game, consumers should be like ok, you keep doing these practises and you wont get a dollar out of me until you change, its like with microtransactions, if the devs are making money then nothing will change.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
and if the consumer just didnt buy the game, consumers should be like ok, you keep doing these practises and you wont get a dollar out of me until you change, its like with microtransactions, if the devs are making money then nothing will change.
Yep, that's very true, but unfortunately, as we saw with the NVidia 3000 series, people will always pony up money they don't have, despite what's in their best interests.

I would love to know the psychology behind it, as most of the time it makes so little sense. I'm definitely included in the bracket of mad people, most of the records I buy I pay up front about a year before they're actually released. It's a sickness, and god how I love being unwell.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I think it depends on the game...something like TLOU is obviously going to get a lot of pre-orders as it being a PS exclusive game till now.

Bear in mind with a lot of games, pre-ordering usually gives you extra things skins, cars, whatnot for the game....some of the pre-order stuff can't be obtained from just playing the game. As an example, Forza Horizon 4 had a number of pre-order cars...whilst you could obtain them in the game's Auction House for a while, they stopped allowing that so it's now impossible to get them.

I think, ultimately, the psychology is quite simple: People have a need to buy the latest and greatest...look at iPhones: Released every 6 months with little change at exorbitant highway-robbery prices and yet people feel compelled to buy them. Sometimes it's in the hope things will change, especially with game series....I play a lot of Forza Horizon and moaned a lot about FH4 and the state of it etc yet, when FH5 came up for pre-order, I was straight in there buying the Ultimate Edition, hoping against hope that the developers would start caring...and then FH5 released and it was even worse than feared. I want to say I won't pre-order FH6 but I can't.
Yes but WHY do they feel the need to constantly have the latest and greatest? Has this deluge into capitalism actually made us much more unhappy and less fulfilled in life that we need these extravagant luxury purchases to fill that void inside us where we don't feel good enough without them?

I love stuff li

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
most of the records I buy I pay up front about a year before they're actually released. It's a sickness, and god how I love being unwell.

there is method in that as the records you buy don't need many patches to make them work,
I think, ultimately, the psychology is quite simple: People have a need to buy the latest and greatest...look at iPhones: Released every 6 months with little change at exorbitant highway-robbery prices

companies probably have whole departments dedicated to tapping into the psychology of humans and making there products desirable

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Capture.JPG

The "Mostly Positive" on the recent reviews comes out at 79% - Very Positive begins at 80%, so it seems like the game is well on the way to being fixed. I'm trying to free up storage space for Starfield, so won't be going back to TLOU until after I'm done with my newest obsession. TLOU Part 2 will probably have a PC release by then!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
View attachment 37326

The "Mostly Positive" on the recent reviews comes out at 79% - Very Positive begins at 80%, so it seems like the game is well on the way to being fixed. I'm trying to free up storage space for Starfield, so won't be going back to TLOU until after I'm done with my newest obsession. TLOU Part 2 will probably have a PC release by then!
I hope its better than the TV series was, as that was :poop: