The New Xbox. XBOX ONE

Tom DWC

The hardware's very good considering it'll probably be available for a really decent price.

When it first comes out it'll be top draw for 6 months to a year then be left behind again, as always happens with consoles.

Though the switch to an x86 architecture and the increased core count is only good for PC gamers cause at least the consoles will have more in common with a standard PC so the ports should be better optimised. Much like the PS4. Never know, might see Intel release a mainstream 8 core processor too!

It's well overdue, really. The 360/PS3 are just holding developers back now, I've seen that mentioned several times with recent/upcoming games.

Last edited:

Blackdog

Bright Spark
I watched the online announcement. It looks like they are trying to consolidate the whole entertainment system concept with exclusives from ESPN, Spielberg and EA. I think this is a pretty effective solution to be honest if that's what you're after but I begrudge having 70 - 100 quid bundled in at launch for their Connect and the associated user interface.

It seems the core gamer market is being diluted by social networking, television and sports, which while kind of neat, isn't what everybody is after and feels like an effort to justify their inclusion in our living rooms. If I wanted to buy a console I would want it to be optimised for gaming and for all of their R and D to be focussed on this end. Sadly i think those days are behind us, so I guess you have to make do with the whole linked-in, always on user experience.

The ONLY thing that appealed to me was the (strange CGI/live action) trailer from Remedy studios (Max Payne and one of my favourite games Alan Wake.) This looks really interesting and there's a high chance ill follow wherever this company chooses to go creatively.

End opinion - nope not buying one.

Last edited:

Everon

Enthusiast
ps4 for me also.

943335_10201187594361679_1235747584_n.jpg

Attachments

• 943335_10201187594361679_1235747584_n.jpg
    943335_10201187594361679_1235747584_n.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 139

Keithg

Enthusiast
Didn't the xbox use to play games?
I really couldn't tell from that presentation.

Very disappointed, I don't want to talk to my tv or wave at it; I want to play games.

Blackdog

Bright Spark
Zavvi have just listed this at £399.99. I wouldn't normally mention another site like this but i don't wager PCS are entering the console market any time soon.

Rack

Enthusiast
Since the announcement, Microsoft's shares have dropped 0.6% while Sony's have risen 9.25%. Make of that what you will.

The continuation of the Xbox Live membership is interesting. I really thought they would scrap it.

Last edited:

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Hmm. I mean, everyone has highlighted the ****ness already, but I have to say - I do like idea of waving/talking/interacting with my telly. I'm the kinda guy who likes technology 'for the sake of it'. Anything that looks like it came from the future (from the viewpoint of a 10yr old me) is right up my street.

Can I throw all my common sense out the window and waste cash on this just for the hell of it? Possibly.

I really hope I become a gazillionaire because I think my house is going to resemble HAL.

Blackdog

Bright Spark
Resale charge on Xbox live for games. So if I come home and play a game my flatmate has bought, unless I wana play as him I have to pay Microsoft. What an absolute fail. One of the console's main strengths was that I could swap/return games: they've kind of turned a console into a second rate media PC.

D1craig

Enthusiast
Thy I haven't looked at the links but Ive always been a ps guy. Microsoft is for pcs IMO. Most of the stuff I have heard people say about it In This thread you can get from a decent tv now, talking and waving at it to do stuff. I have noticed as soon as they saw the success of wii they all decided to give it ago and apart from the .5-1 hour of using my uncles kinect I haven't ever missed it.

I read that the new consoles will be UHDTV ( 4k x 2k resolution or something) compatible so that would be good for pcs I suppose.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
i was going to put up n AngyJoe reveiw i thought summed it up but hes a bit em.. dissapointed and think id break the family friendly rule of the forum but id recemend looking it up on youtube.

I think my line of consoles just ended though.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Now reports saying it NEEDS to be connected to the Internet once a day or you cannot use the console PMSL
So if your Internet goes down for a few days you cant play games etc!!

Microsoft are trying their best to mess this up!