The New Xbox. XBOX ONE

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I think you could be spot on.

It's saddening, all the articles I read hardly present it as a gaming console, they represent it as the new 'Home entertainment system... that you can play games on as a last resort if you're really bored".

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
lol... i guess most of the ram and the cpu cores will be used running background crap. maybe 4 cores abd 4 gigs on a game, the rest running junk/whatever else is running in the background... I dunno i m just guessing...

I highly doubt that, seeing as the browser and TV will be technically idle when playing a game, they will not need any major CPU power, and I imagine the applications only use a small amount of RAM, about 1GB-2GB all together, although I imagine Kinect voice recognition will be using a fair bit of CPU power. But it will likely be compressed in RAM and de-compressed when needed, or some of the data stored on the hard drive cache (which is built in-house so may have a SSD cache or similar)

Tom DWC

I'm sure I read somewhere (might of been TechRadar) that the GPU is an AMD model similar to/based on the 7970M mobile chip. So theoretically about the performance of a desktop 7850/7870 and with the optimisation of console games - not too shabby. Assuming the information was correct.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Mr friend (who wants to remain anonymous, but lets just call him Mr. Setag) has it under good authority that the Xbox One will be powered by a single Titan (with the goal of twin Titans in SLI down the road).

True story...

I said tri sli ;(

Besides with all the cheeky smoke and mirror effects of console games were going to have some breathtaking games, uncharted 3/god of war 3/ascension look as good as ''some'' recent pc games... And I'm sure there were some good looking games on the 360 too

mdwh

Enthusiast
Looks rubbish and the spec can't be compare to a high end pc what do you guys think?
Well, how do the specs compare to PC hardware? I can't find anything in that article (or elsewhere) showing how the AMD CPU or GPU compare to their lineup for PCs?

And how much would such a spec cost?

Didn't the xbox use to play games?
I really couldn't tell from that presentation.

Very disappointed, I don't want to talk to my tv or wave at it; I want to play games.
This presentation was for the hardware and new features (which includes some stuff related to playing games, e.g., increased server support, but "You can play games" is not a new feature). There will apparently be a separate presentation for new games (which, after all, aren't what MS are making).

Given that an increasing number of "smart TV" technology is happening through existing consoles, and given that on demand TV etc is inevitably going to take over in the coming years, it would have been foolish of MS not to build on this. (And people who don't want it, can carry on not using it. I mean, are people seriously saying that they would actively not get something, because it had features they didn't use, even if it still did things they liked?) Let's not forget all the people who bought Playstations to get a Blu-Ray player.

Now reports saying it NEEDS to be connected to the Internet once a day or you cannot use the console PMSL
So if your Internet goes down for a few days you cant play games etc!!
Which reports, do you have a reference?

(I say all this as a PC owner who's never had a console.)

Keedar

Expert
Xbox one :)

3272550616.jpg

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Bit off topic, but i love all the PS lovers out there slagging off the looks and styling of the Xbox One...

...ironic in that Sony didnt actually (have the balls to) show their hardware last month.

The PS4 might look like a Minidisc player for all we know, and then who'd be laughing? :D

Keedar

Expert
Ded did you saw? Btw i dont care how console looks :p I found this on internet with description xbox one for sale buahahah

[video=youtube;QjXU1anoC5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjXU1anoC5Y[/video]

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
It would have been a generation ahead, 2 years ago

The article says the architecture is also ahead, XB1 is on 40nm (apparently) and PS4 is supposedly 28nm I think, my bulldozer is more than 18 months old now (nearly 2 years) and its a 32nm manufacturing process, and Intel are releasing a 22nm in a few weeks. Intel have also had success with as little as 14nm and other companies have had <10nm

Generation ahead my a**

Last edited:

Keedar

Expert
Just check angry video show (he is a huge fan about xbox) about xbox one :) Dont want to posted here because some words are uncensored. :)

rickne

Master Poster
£599 placeholding price to preorder on Amazon. What could we come up with from PCS for that price. GO GO GO