The Vortex III are in stock - available to order from 8th April :D

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
1. 7970M are on order! They will be in stock in mid-May all being well.
2. We will not be offering 6990M with the Vortex III
3. As you may have noticed the 17.3" Vortex II has now completed sold out. 15.6" stock are very low on 6990M and GTX 580M, not too bad on 560M.

streather

Will there be much of a price difference between the GT5** series gpu and the 6** series or will they be about the same?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The 17.3" Vortex III is now available. The 15.6" will follow over the next few days.

marwil319

A couple of queries:

1. Under sound card it says "Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio" but the chassis description says "THX TruStudio Surround system" and the comparison page says "Built in 5 Speakers" and "5.1 Channel Analog Output". Are these statements all correct?

2. What will be the differences between the Vortex and the new Skyfire model?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of queries:

1. Under sound card it says "Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio" but the chassis description says "THX TruStudio Surround system" and the comparison page says "Built in 5 Speakers" and "5.1 Channel Analog Output". Are these statements all correct?

2. What will be the differences between the Vortex and the new Skyfire model?

The audio is 5.1 and we have adjusted the configurator to state this now.

The Skyfire only comes with a 670M option and looks completely different. There will be many other differences but we do not have the details available yet.

aleluc

Bronze Level Poster
Hi PCS

I have a Vortex 2

Is it possible to buy a Vortex 3 backlit keyboard and fit it. I woudnt mind the keyboard upgrade if it is possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Finn

Enthusiast
AFAIK, its impossible, the vortex 2 doesnt have the connections on the motherboard to hook up the LEDs to and the chassis is physically thicker on the vortex 3, the keyboard wouldnt actually fit inside the vortex 2 chassis while still allowing the screen to close.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Can I retrofit the Ivybridge if I order a Vortex III? Is it a straight chip replacement?

You can add an Ivy bridge CPU yourself should you wish, but please note we cannot exchange your existing Sandy Bridge CPU - you will need to sell this on yourself (ebay).

LeviDarby

hi guys, at the beginning of these posted it was said that the vortex III 15 inch would have a choice of graphics cards. is this still the case??

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
hi guys, at the beginning of these posted it was said that the vortex III 15 inch would have a choice of graphics cards. is this still the case??

We are not launching the 15.6" Vortex III with GTX 670M until the 15.6" Vortex II 560M are sold out. We have very good stock levels so I'm afraid it will be some time away. Performance wise they are just about identical.

LeviDarby

yeah, i was more the other upgrades to the case i was interested in hence wondering about the other graphics card. cheers anyway

dangro474

Bright Spark
The 560M is still a very capable card.

Anyone looking to pick up a cheap gaming laptop sohuld definitely consider a Vortex II w/ 560M over an optimus system while stocks last.