Thermals: 17.3" Vyper vs 17.3" Optimus (Normal or Pro) XI

Delanno

Since we are talking about undervolting.
Could anyone indicate a video or step by step process of how to do it?
Are we talking about undervolting the Vyper III with i7 10th, right?
It's just that I will have mine in a few weeks time and would like to be prepared to do the undervolting if necessary...
@Ambassador Spock , what were your general thoughts on the laptop, how does the building quality and materials feel, how the speaker perform, what is the screen like...?
Cheers

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
I didn’t mean core as in cpu core, I meant before applying an undervolt you need to be certain that the paste job is satisfactory by testing testing temps.
sorry i wrongly understanded, i personally think this is 'normal' temps for the 8 core cpu, it will be in high 90s on stock, although i would call pcs and ask them if i would be you @Ambassador Spock explain them your high temps and ask them if undervolt can be applied with those temps.

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
It's just that I will have mine in a few weeks time and would like to be prepared to do the undervolting if necessary...
@Ambassador Spock , what were your general thoughts on the laptop, how does the building quality and materials feel, how the speaker perform, what is the screen like...?
Cheers
we dont know yet if undervolt can be applied via program or in bios only on 10th gen , at least nobody posted anything about it here, if it would be possible with program i recommend throttlestop, the best tutorial you will find is in notebookcheck forum, try google it and you will find everything you need. we yet dont know how they perform with undervolt, how many mv you can go down to keep it stable, if you not experienced wait for few more weeks untill more people post they average undervolt on 10th gen

D

Deleted member 94250

we dont know yet if undervolt can be applied via program or in bios only on 10th gen , at least nobody posted anything about it here, if it would be possible with program i recommend throttlestop, the best tutorial you will find is in notebookcheck forum, try google it and you will find everything you need. we yet dont know how they perform with undervolt, how many mv you can go down to keep it stable, if you not experienced wait for few more weeks untill more people post they average undervolt on 10th gen
i posted a reddit thread where someone said PCS allows undervolting on their BIOS despite intel doing their plundervolt shenanigans.

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
i posted a reddit thread where someone said PCS allows undervolting on their BIOS despite intel doing their plundervolt shenanigans.
yep i also seen few people undervolting in bios from other manufacturers, but this is for people who are not experienced, vyper III will be possible probably to undervolt in bios but what about unexperienced users, i would speak to pcs and asked them 100% if i could use undervolt in bios without avioding warranty, maybe it doesnt even apply for it, but also to find more less sweet spot on that cpu like @SpyderTracks said, it needs to have good repasting job, plus testing and testing, which is not something for unexperienced user, for example i was playing two weeks with undervolt until I found sweet spot, even when i tought i was stable i wasnt, as some games still crashed while i passed all the stress tests

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
Cheers

So in general I am extremely happy with the system. There are really only two things I don't like - the camera placement and the speaker location. Both are things some people maybe not care about at all. Firstly, putting the camera below the screen is just a flat-out terrible location. I do a lot of video-conferencing for work, and I am often sitting on the couch for the calls. I took one look at my image on the screen and instantly grabbed my external webcam - looking up from that location was such an unflattering view, I am still getting over it... Secondly, the speaker gets plenty loud for a laptop, I have no issues with volume. But I also have my laptop on a cooling pad 100% of the time, and so having the speaker on the bottom of the case means the sound goes directly into the cooling pad, getting fairly distorted by the fans. When I lift the laptop up (off the cooling pad) it sounds fantastic, but in its normal position it sounds a bit tinny and distorted.

Other than the camera/speaker locations I am very happy - it has been extremely responsive, and during the (limited) gaming I did last night it didn't get ridiculously hot. Performance was fantastic.