"This product won't work on this device"

PhilipStockton314

Our new Optimus gaming laptop is showing this message when trying to buy Minecraft PC edition . I've tried it on my account (parent) and kid's account - we are all on Microsoft Family and have no issues sharing on Xbox. .

Can't imagine it's a hardware issue and expect it is an obvious software setting that I'm missing.

Any ideas would be most welcome, Thanks!

1609339644619.png

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That makes no sense given the minimum requirement on the Minecraft site is:

VIDEO CARD: Intel HD Graphics 4000 | AMD Radeon R5

Even further down the Game Debate page it list the minimum as being a Radeon HD 3200

yeah weird, ok really fishing now, what version of windows 10 are you running

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Our new Optimus gaming laptop is showing this message when trying to buy Minecraft PC edition . I've tried it on my account (parent) and kid's account - we are all on Microsoft Family and have no issues sharing on Xbox. .

Can't imagine it's a hardware issue and expect it is an obvious software setting that I'm missing.

Any ideas would be most welcome, Thanks!

View attachment 20902
Where are you trying to install it from? Have you got a link?

PhilGP

Silver Level Poster
There is no GTX 2060, it is RTX 2060. That site allows you to pick cards that don't exist !
Try the site again with RTX 2060 and it is all good.
I also tried RTX 2060 'mobile' and it was still all good

I have the R7 3700X, RTX 2060, 16GB
And my kids have installed Minecraft Windows edition with no problem.
My daughter used her own account and she has Minecraft already installed on a laptop.
I was not aware of anything 'special' needed when she installed it.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It doesn't lead to any information, it just hops to the top of that page. No further information is provided. Do you think this is one for their tech support?
Have you run through all windows updates and updated the GPU drivers?

I think what we need to do is make windows recognise the RTX2060 and then it will allow it through.

Also, just double checking, you're definitely signed into the windows store?

PhilipStockton314

Have you run through all windows updates and updated the GPU drivers?

I think what we need to do is make windows recognise the RTX2060 and then it will allow it through.

Also, just double checking, you're definitely signed into the windows store?
Windows updates all done. Not sure about the GPU (see attached) but it looks okay.

Yes, definitely signed in to the store.

1609365548553.png

(thanks for your help and patience!)

Attachments

• NVIDIA System Information 12-30-2020 21-38-40.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Windows updates all done. Not sure about the GPU (se attached) or about how to update it...

Yes, definitely signed in to the store.

(thanks for your help and patience!)
No problems.... it would be good to get to the bottom of it, I'm purplexed

Edit: OK, development.... both my laptop and PC are both on the same 20H2 version as yours (which is the latest windows version) and they both state the same incompatibility in the windows store. Now I could understand that with a laptop, but definitely not a desktop....

My guess is there's an issue with the app being compatible with 20H2, and on further investigation, we're not alone, there are loads of threads on it.

I would log it with microsoft, they may be able to help out.. If you click on the top right hand corner where there are 3 dots in the microsoft store, then select send feedback:

1609365780354.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just as a further, you can try going through the purchase on the windows store website, that should then filter down to your windows store on the PC, it may push it through: