Time spent in pre-production

Ol_Swifty

Today was my 10th working day in pre-production. I was wondering the time that others have spent. I'm finding it very hard not to get too impatient! :wacko:

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I think mine was 10 working days. It was dispatched on the 12th working day, as soon as the team hit the building stage it really goes quick.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Mine was back in November and it was about 8 working days. Such a long and painful period of time, I even made a thread about it way back then.

I suppose in hindsight I would have paid for Fast Track as that essentially is what makes all the people buying standard delivery builds wait the longest!

sted

Rising Star
Mine is now on the 9th working day altogether. Been in Pre-production since the 4th working day. I need to find a way to temporarily eliminate weekends. :D I got impatient the very next day with mine. I hate waiting for just about anything, but I'm surprised I haven't gone catatonic at the excruciating wait. :ninja:

Mine has finally been dispatched (after speaking to a member of support on Live chat) after 18 days. Mine was due to a chassis not being in stock. It was the ultrantor 15.6 with 1080p screen. Dont worry guys! They are on track, just they have had a ton of orders :)

sted

Rising Star
They are on track, just they have had a ton of orders

In that case I'll have to slip them a note in order to prioritise mine. I hope they take I.O.U's. :sweatdrop:

mark1up

Hi All
12th Day in pre production for me:( was told it was due to be specced up today and they are waiting for a psu to come instock which should arrive Weds.Would be nice if they kept us upto date more, as there was nothing in my notes regarding the psu not being in stock, I only found this out because i contacted them.Anyhow fingers crossed for some movement tomoz :)

Trev0rDan5

Hi All
12th Day in pre production for me:( was told it was due to be specced up today and they are waiting for a psu to come instock which should arrive Weds.Would be nice if they kept us upto date more, as there was nothing in my notes regarding the psu not being in stock, I only found this out because i contacted them.Anyhow fingers crossed for some movement tomoz :)

I have highlighted the above because this is by far the best company I have ever dealt with in terms of keeping the buyer in the loop. I cannot think of many places that give you a step by step process of what stage your build is at. Currently in 4th day of building, which is 1 day over their estimate but still, my impressions of PCS as a company are incredible.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
which is 1 day over their estimate
The Build time estimates are worked out by averaging the last four weeks dispatch times. They do not straight away show the effects of several large ordering weeks that can delay the order at time of purchasing.

mark1up

Hi Trev0r
I'm glad this has been the case for yourself,but for me it has not :(,now on the 13th day pre production and my status has not moved, and i still do not know if they have my psu instock or not,or if there is any other problem.I also left a message via the live chat/support alas no reply . Spending £1500 on a pc, being kept informed every step of the way is the least i would expect really :) I think i will ring them tomoz now and see where we are at:)

Corfate

Author Level
Hi Trev0r
I'm glad this has been the case for yourself,but for me it has not :(,now on the 13th day pre production and my status has not moved, and i still do not know if they have my psu instock or not,or if there is any other problem.I also left a message via the live chat/support alas no reply . Spending £1500 on a pc, being kept informed every step of the way is the least i would expect really :) I think i will ring them tomoz now and see where we are at:)

Try making up your spec again and fast track it. It'll show if any of your components are out of stock :)

DannyJo

Hi all,

My first post here, just ordered my laptop a few days ago and just thought I'd pitch in to this conversation now that I know what people are feeling.

I'm beginning to think that one of the problems is the fact that there is too much information, if I knew nothing about the order other than the fact that it normally takes 9 - 11 days I probably wouldn't be too bothered for the first 2 weeks. However after 11 days I would probably contact PCS and ask what was happening but now I'm sat with the pre-production status not changing (on the third day) which is normal but because I have the information I expect it to update, at least daily.

I'm not bothered though because I know 9 - 11 days is normal and therefore I shall keep my cool....maybe :D

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Trev0r

Hey Mark1up, did you give us a call on thursday or do you still need your order looking into?

mark1up

Hi Tom
Yes i did call while i was at work,then had a few messages with Jack via the messaging system,crux of it is my psu is still not instock ,and won't be instock til the 17th :( taking me upto a four week wait if it arrives Weds 17th.As i said to Jack i feel a little let down by the whole situation,2 weeks to source a part is pretty poor as Jack even agreed.Anyhow i'm not here to bad mouth PCS but the whole situation could have been handled a tad better and i could have been kept upto speed with what was going on.Jack did try help so can't fault him for that but i wanted to stick with what i ordered.Hopefully sorted by the end of next week and hopefully PCS will sort me out with a few freebies for my troubles hehe :) Just hope next week goes to plan or there could be some keyboard rage lol :):):)