Time spent in pre-production

Shougun

Hi,

But the problem, they do not respond. I just want an answer (even it's like "sorry we don't know). Endeed, I want to know when I buy my ticket.

My order it's optimus V (number is 594343).

Thanks

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hey Shougun,

They will not respond on the forums usually as there busy building the machines.

Your best bet is to call them, there really nice and will let you know if there is a hold up.

0844 499 4000

Hope this helps

Marco1227

Hi,

But the problem, they do not respond. I just want an answer (even it's like "sorry we don't know). Endeed, I want to know when I buy my ticket.

My order it's optimus V (number is 594343).

Thanks

My experience with their customer service has been very positive. I contacted them twice via chat and they always helped and answered any question.
Have you tried to contac them via chat ?

Give it time, you ordered a custom build laptop so there can be delays. I am on the 19th working day waiting, I called them by phone and within a few minutes I knew that the hold up is a shortage of processors that have been due in for a while now. Things should be moving again soon as the ETA for the processors was today so hopefully I see progress soon as I am also impatient but I know I just have to wait. I know I wont get any better specs anywhere else for the price.

Rico656

Chat thing.

15 days without any laptop (I check my emails, etc thanks to my smartphone).

I'm waiting for my Optimus V as well (ordered on the 20th of Sept currently in building).

I really can't complain about the process though, I've received 3 or 4 emails since to keep me updated with the process. (did you give the wrong email?)

Apparently they're out of stock on Intel i7 CPU and the CD Drive, which the email said the ETA should be today 4th of Oct.

Hopefully I'll be able to get it next week.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Chat thing.

Yeah the chat thing it a hit or a miss, I've never got a response myself.

Best to always call them, then you can tell them things direct as the forms are basically just for community purposes.

They don't really read these forums so trying to get direct answers to sales or lodge complaints on the forums is pretty futile unless your just looking for user feedback or support.

Shougun

I can't speak fluenty in English, that's why.

17th days..

My worst experience on the internet. I'm very angry. I don't want now any refund or any pc! I lost my time, my money and a pc.

Ciao. And keep the money and the PC!

Thanks.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Your written English seems fine, If I were you I will try to give them a call even if you wish to cancel your order. The dates give on the website are estimates, if you need it sooner you can always choose the fast track option.

Rakk

The Awesome
The fast track option, it's about the time in "preproduction" or about the time in "building"?
Choosing fast-track cuts down on the pre-production time, it basically moves you to the front of the queue for building.
The time spent in building/testing/QC will be the same whether you use fast-track or not.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Fast track should be about the process as a whole.

You might want to call them to see what stage it is at though as if its nearly ready fast track may be a waste of money

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hi,
I admit, my reaction was irresponsible. My apologies.

Sorry for this reaction.

No need to apologies, i know its a nightmare waiting for a new rig or piece of tech.

You'll be up in running in no time and the waiting will be a distant memory

Hang in there :)

Rack

Enthusiast
I need mine asap, so got the 3 day fast track (uni work to do and only a 7 year old macbook to do it on) and the wait is still killing me. 1st working day and it has been in pre production all day. Well what I am trying to say is, no matter who you are, what delivery speed you have, all of us are impatient when it comes to the goodies. As smoke said though, no need to apologise. We all have our moment s.