To Celebrate my new Laptop...

pez

Evening Guys/Gals.

Well, to put simply, I've ordered and paid for my new laptop today. I used to run a Quad core desktop, but now I'm far more of a Laptop guy.

So, the spec of my system is in the Siggie below. My question is this:

I want to celebrate my new Laptop with a new game! A simple request in some respects, yet far more complicated in reality :) So, here's some basic info:

1) Used to play CS:S competatively.
2) Massive fan of TF2. Loved it and still do!
3) Also loved L4D the original - L4D2 is ok, but not as used to it.
4) Have Black Ops...not a huge fan. Tis ok....
5) Coming up to 40, so reaction time is no where near what it used to be ;) LOL
6) HATE HATE HATE WOW style games. Never have, never will play them.

Sooo, you excellent people of PCS forums, anyone got any ideas?

I do like the look of SWTOR but not sure if the 460m will run it ok.

I WILL be getting DN Forever when released. Hopefully it will run ok *shrugs*

So, whilst I get back to good old Them Park with this piss poor lappy I have now, what are you guys thoughts?

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
simple addictive fun

[video=youtube;OLkYLhATQJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLkYLhATQJs[/video]

Greenman

Enthusiast
Got it yet? :V
Anyway check out S.T.A.L.K.E.R if you haven't already played it. It's a great game IMO and with the Complete mod it looks fantastic. (I'm sure you'd run it fine, I can on my laptop albeit on low)

Stalker_Complete_Mod_allows_art_graphics_18.jpg

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Hi Pez,

When you say "WOW style games", do you mean fantasy games or MMORPGs?

I only ask because you mention SWTOR, which is a SW based MMORPG.

Looking at your list, you like FPS, particularly online ones.

I was going to suggest CS:S (default answer when people ask for a good FPS), but you already have that!

The obvious answer here is to wait for Battlefield 3 (fingers crossed should blow Black Ops out of the water...although not sure anything will beat that over-hyper marketing department dream >< )

Orrrrrrrrr, you could investigate another genre...RTS (Dawn of War II) or something more RPGish (Dead Space 2?)

Or just get Peggle and uninstall all your other games...

DED

pez

LOL - Was playing Peggle last night... :D Already completed it twice...that's how bad it is...hahahaha

pez

*laughing* yeah yeah :D

Looking around last night, somewhat attracted to Lead & Gold :D

Greenman

Enthusiast
Another idea, if you love adventure/horror games you'll love Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Not the prettiest game by any stretch of the imagination but in terms of storytelling and atmosphere, it's brilliant.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Especially if you like a game that makes you poop yourself; fumble for the sound off control; and run for the door at the same time. Yet come back for more for a reason you cant quite explain; quality game.............