Touchpad issues on windows 8

tonlev

Silver Level Poster
I am having a similar issue on my new laptop How can I control the touchpad sensitivity and stop the windows charm bar from appearing whenever I move the mouse cursor?
I have the Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad V7 2 (I think) Driver Version 17.0.18.2
I tried to download the latest driver from Synaptic but during the installation all I get is an error message stating that the operation cannot complete.
The charm bar thing is the biggest problem as it appears every time I move the cursor any direction at any time and as far as I can tell I have disabled all the sideways movement in the settings
Any advice or suggestions please
Sorry should have said am running Windows 8.1

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am having a similar issue on my new laptop How can I control the touchpad sensitivity and stop the windows charm bar from appearing whenever I move the mouse cursor?
I have the Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad V7 2 (I think) Driver Version 17.0.18.2
I tried to download the latest driver from Synaptic but during the installation all I get is an error message stating that the operation cannot complete.
The charm bar thing is the biggest problem as it appears every time I move the cursor any direction at any time and as far as I can tell I have disabled all the sideways movement in the settings
Any advice or suggestions please
Sorry should have said am running Windows 8.1

It's actually a setting in windows 8 I believe if you're talking about the charms bar opening when you swipe in from the left edge... if so go to charms, change pc settings, pc and devices, corners and edges, disable edge swiping.

tonlev

Silver Level Poster
Yes I have tried that and disabled everything possible in that menu but the charm bar still comes up whenever I move the mouse cursor anywhere across the screen especially from right to left, in fact the charm bar has appeared three times whilst typing this. Its so so annoying

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes I have tried that and disabled everything possible in that menu but the charm bar still comes up whenever I move the mouse cursor anywhere across the screen especially from right to left, in fact the charm bar has appeared three times whilst typing this. Its so so annoying

Oh, weird, don't know then...

Stese

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with my Optimus V 17.3" on Windows 8.1. If i'm typing, i'm catching the Touchpad, and the mouse shifts around the screen, and sometimes clicks on things in the middle of what I'm doing.

Normally, I'd just disable the Touchpad while typing, as I've done in other OS's and their drivers. I've checked the setting in the PC Settings area, and its set to disable while typing, and then have a delay. This isn't working.

Checking in control panel, I can't find specific drivers for the Touchpad, only MS standard HID ones. Finding this thread, i've tried both drivers listed, neither could detect the Touchpad. I've also looked on the Clevo site for this model of Laptop (W370SS) which they didn't list for downloads.. :/.

Any ideas which driver I should be looking to get?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi All,

I'm having an issue with my Optimus V 17.3" on Windows 8.1. If i'm typing, i'm catching the Touchpad, and the mouse shifts around the screen, and sometimes clicks on things in the middle of what I'm doing.

Normally, I'd just disable the Touchpad while typing, as I've done in other OS's and their drivers. I've checked the setting in the PC Settings area, and its set to disable while typing, and then have a delay. This isn't working.

Checking in control panel, I can't find specific drivers for the Touchpad, only MS standard HID ones. Finding this thread, i've tried both drivers listed, neither could detect the Touchpad. I've also looked on the Clevo site for this model of Laptop (W370SS) which they didn't list for downloads.. :/.

Any ideas which driver I should be looking to get?

You were on the right track with the Clevo website at www.clevo.com.tw, goto services/donwloads and then you need the selection as in the attachment:

Untitled.png

domedweller

Hi all,

I've just got my new optimus V running windows 8.1 and I'm having the same issue with this edge swiping. I've tried 4 different driver versions, the most recent of which from the synaptics website fails to install. I installed each in turn and checked the settings to see if I can disable it but there is nothing there. It seems the option was there in 8 but now in 8.1 it has gone.

I've trawled the internet for a fix but come up with nothing!

Any one help me out with this as it's driving me insane?!