Unconfirmed reports claim Windows 8 to play Xbox 360 games..

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Actually, if it did play on both systems, why would it matter? PC owners that have 360's, can then sell or get rid of their 360. Not much of a big deal, saves a bit of room. The only downfall is Devs stopping develpment for PC games, which might not be true, because we haven't seen what Windows 8 is bringing to the game.
I don't think this will happen anyway, but I don't really know if there is much way to point out bad factors until we see what W8 holds in store.

I think my point is that they should have it so that you have to buy the console version and activate it through a console for it to become available on the PC, that way they keep their consoles alive. Obviously you could buy a PC version on its own but for example with portal 2 they cleverly said if you buy the ps3 version you get a free steam version too. This i think is the way they need to go otherwise I really think they run the risk of dropping masses of sales on the xbox.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I dont see this coming off guys Microsoft has a big enough problem with people making illegal copies of games without the ability for people to use them in there PC's just opens up a whole world of issues for them.

Im a 360 user to but have to be honest the fact i can pay £4 a month to play playstation and get a massive amount of free content including map packs and arcade games does make me think microsoft is ripping people off with there £6 a month just for online gaming

How so more than other PC games?

Also Microsofts online is different to PS3 with a few simple things.

The extra cost is well worth it because Mircosoft run their own servers, games run on these servers and not on a companies own servers. For example COD on ps3 runs on the activision servers, COD on xbox runs on the microsoft servers. This is an advantage for several reasons, the main two being, Microsoft knwo how to run gamign servers, if a new company come to market with a multiplayer game it is extremely easy to egt a reliable server running.

Secondly chat, chat is done over the server, now cross game chat is only possible on xbox, not ps3. The reason is the same as above, specific servers for games on PS3 means Sony would have to create a specific server for chat, but they are not being paid by the free customers to run a chat server. Xbox is able to have chat cross game because it is all one big server.

Well worth the 6 quid a month tbh

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
In my opinion the majority of xbox/ps3 gamers don't have awesome PCS rigs like us guys, and if they did I'm sure they would be pc gaming not console gaming, like as we do. I can't see the reasoning/benefit in being able to play xbox 360 games on a pc. Apart from sad xbox gamers saying things similar to "yeah well with my xbox games i can play them on pc too"

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
In my opinion the majority of xbox/ps3 gamers don't have awesome PCS rigs like us guys, and if they did I'm sure they would be pc gaming not console gaming, like as we do. I can't see the reasoning/benefit in being able to play xbox 360 games on a pc. Apart from sad xbox gamers saying things similar to "yeah well with my xbox games i can play them on pc too"

Even with my new PC I will still be an avid xbox gamer, I love xbox and nothing is going to change that. For a start being sat on my couch with a controller in my hand is much more relaxing after a day infront of my computer coding than sitting at my desk with a keyboard and mouse (or even a controller) infront of my 3 22inch monitors. Id much rather sit infront of my 32 inch tv and play xbox and have a few races with my mates.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I will also play Xbox still, I will also purchase some of my game son Xbox rather than PC because only a couple of my mates have decent PCs and we all have 360s, Saints Row 3 will be one of these

gavcor

Bronze Level Poster
I do agree with the chat features, but in all honesty relating to the gameplay more recently ive been finding better connection and reliability with some of the PS3 servers. COD is a prime example the connection issues on xbox are appalling but as yet apart from the occasional issue with the PS3 im not having as many problems as i do with xbox. As i said i dont own a PS3 but my mate brings his up on the weekends and have noticed gameplay on the PS3 is better than the xbox at least for COD anyway.

I will however be keeping my xbox as i do agree that the majority of people i play online with use the xbox rather than the PC.

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I do agree with the chat features, but in all honesty relating to the gameplay more recently ive been finding better connection and reliability with some of the PS3 servers. COD is a prime example the connection issues on xbox are appalling but as yet apart from the occasional issue with the PS3 im not having as many problems as i do with xbox. As i said i dont own a PS3 but my mate brings his up on the weekends and have noticed gameplay on the PS3 is better than the xbox at least for COD anyway.

I will however be keeping my xbox as i do agree that the majority of people i play online with use the xbox rather than the PC.

I cant say ive played COD on xbox, not bops anyway, but I would always much rather play xbox servers than PS3, I find them much better.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i never have lag on my xbox, never, apart from when there is a dodgy host and even then i usually take over as host of the game, either that or i already am, i played my m8s PS3 when he brought it round and the connection seemed worse and although not much, it was still enough to notice and often lose me a kill