Unusable Vortex III - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

paurhe99

Hi,

So I received my Vortex III today, all seemed great for the first 30 minutes, then I got a BSOD with the error message DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. Has anybody else experienced this issue? It's happened 15 times in the 4 hours I've been trying to use the laptop and it's basically unusable, I haven't been able to install anything on the machine at all due to the constant restarts.

I've been waiting for the laptop for ages and now I'm absolutely gutted that it's currently a very expensive paperweight. If anyone can shed any light on how to resolve this I'd really appreciate it, I've emailed support already but I don't know how long they'll take back to me. Hopefully someone can just point me in the direction of the correct driver, really want to avoid having to return the laptop for it to be fixed!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Try reinstalling or installing available driver updates,from the clevo website,first check the model number on your laptop,then download and install drivers from here.
http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/download.asp
also try a clean install or update of the graphics driver.
If you can't do that without the system blue screening,I would start from scratch,reinstall operating system from your windows OS disk,install drivers,install antivirus program,activate windows then run windows update.

Last edited:

paurhe99

Turns out it was the Killer1202 wireless card driver that was causing it - one of the drivers that's not listed on the Clevo website. Tech support had seen the issue before, as soon as the driver was installed I've had no problems whatsoever.

Back to enjoying the laptop!