Unwanted website is appearing on my computer

jonbam

Enthusiast
No I didn't download anything from Download.com

I did click on a Phishing webpage a few days ago (26/9/14).

There's a possibility that the photobucket website is causing these unwanted websites.

I have been using photobucket a lot, to upload photos. And I think it could be the reason for this unwanted website.

I will not visit photobucket today, to see if I don't get any popups?

Last edited:

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Doesn't work like that, whatever is on your machine is already on your machine.

A website can cause popups, but only when you are actually in the process of visiting it. Otherwise, once its closed it wont cause any popups.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
honestly, give Avast a try and run the boot time scanner. I'd be happy to bet it will find something.

jonbam

Enthusiast
Hi

I have just logged into photobucket.com on another computer of mine (a laptop) and the pop-under has appeared. It's not a popup, its a pop-under.

I have wasted a lot of time :(

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Ah so its just popups, well at least that means its nothing too bad then.

Just turn on the popup blocker in your browser or run an ad block application.

edwjac

Bronze Level Poster
Try Malwarebytes also you need to pay attention when installing even utterly legit software because very craftily you will get a second or third installation window with optional software selection with them all ticked and nearly all of this adds popups or advert based rubbish, I think even Java does this when you update it so just read everything and unclick all the optional rubbish

Last edited:

LFFPicard

Godlike
Your answer would be is that it is a advert popup by photobucket :)
I just got the exact same at work while uploading photos to photbucket.

If it is that annoying for you then I suggest getting ad-free photobucket for $9.99 a year, or just install a ad blocker on your browser :)