Updated Minecraft Cartographic Maps

Sleinous

Author Level
Thanks to Gorman for giving me a fresh backup of the server to date :)

You can see all of our tunnel network in here (well the parts above ground) the only major modification since this (on my part) is the respawn room no longer has a roof but just very tall sides because you spawned on top of the damn thing otherwise.....

Here's the pics:

More coming...

map1-normal-day.png

map1-heightcolor.png

P.S. These are uploaded on my photobucket account... no idea how Gorman got them to magnify and stuff and if he used teh forum picture uploader, well, it has never worked for me :p

Sleinous

Author Level
Im uploading it now, it wasnt angled it was isometric :p Dno what oblique angled does, probs something similar, I cancelled that one though, and left this one running a while.

Its a 42mb PNG file lmao.

Will be with you soon...

Sleinous

Author Level
Oki doke, well ill have to do that tomoz, coz ill be off soonish :p and it takes ages to upload. Is it just me or is the server down again? Update from alpha to beta I imagine?

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
yay! I know where everything I built is now, and where the island I first went is! Map looks good, cheers.

... The next achievement will be the night shots lol :p.

Hehe

Sleinous

Author Level
Its coz im uploading to photobucket and dont pay for premium account, so quality sucks. Gorman uploads to his own website. I may put them on my synology diskstation but....as i have a dynamic ip i havevto use dyndns on the nas so everytime my home hub gets a new external
ip, my nas and domain name provider know sbout it.... this means i cant have stuff like sleinous.co.uk/XYZ.jpg coz i cant hav the slash bit. If anyone knows a way round this then sure, ill host on my home nas

Al.Neri

Super Star
Its coz im uploading to photobucket and dont pay for premium account, so quality sucks. Gorman uploads to his own website. I may put them on my synology diskstation but....as i have a dynamic ip i havevto use dyndns on the nas so everytime my home hub gets a new external
ip, my nas and domain name provider know sbout it.... this means i cant have stuff like sleinous.co.uk/XYZ.jpg coz i cant hav the slash bit. If anyone knows a way round this then sure, ill host on my home nas

I didn't realise photobucket resized them so you can't see the detail. have you tried using flickr?

Sleinous

Author Level
Yeah, max resolution os 1024x768 on free account. Not tried flickr.

I could upload to my own server but as I said before, dont know how I do the backslash bit on a dynamic IP as I cant do proper IP forwarding and only web forwarding. (When you navigate around teh websites ive built you stay on the same domain) So instead of www.google.co.uk/index.html or www.google.co.uk/page1.html, its just always google.co.uk meaning people cant bookmark a specific page or anything.

Al.Neri

Super Star
I'd give flickr a go then if I was you. it'd easy to create an account and you should have it up and running in no time.

Al.Neri

Super Star
have you tried opening them in mspaint after you have created them, then resaving them as .jpg before uploading them?

.png is a lossless format so they do tend to be quite big. you will lose quality with jpg, but it will result in a smaller file size until the boss can sort it out.

Sleinous

Author Level
Tried doing the cave one but it took forever, gave up lol.

Ye ill save them as .jpg I guess. Still gonna be restricted to 1024x768 on photobucket though. Guess I could use flickr in that instance.

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
Erm, one other idea, is that if people want to view the full quality .png, it could just be uploaded to a free filehosting site, and skip the whole photobucket/image hosting sites cause of the reduction in quality. Then if people want to see full quality, they can just downland the full verison.

Also,since photobucket will reduce the quality anyway, why not just edit the pics to go to photobucket with a reduced quality so they are a smaller file size to upload. Should take less then?

Just some ideas :p