Upped my spec just a little!!!

kayper

Bronze Level Poster
Miscellaneous
FREE MAFIA II Game (RRP: £34.99) with a qualifying GTX 4xx Series GPU!
Case
ANTEC NINE HUNDRED TWO - UK, The Ultimate Gaming Case, Evolved
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Processor Extreme Edition i7-980X (3.33GHz) 6.4GTs/12MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® RAMPAGE III EXTREME: 3-Way SLI & CrossFireX, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
Memory (RAM)
6GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (3 x 2GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1280MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX470 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
160GB Intel® X25-M 2.5" SSD (34nm / upto 250MB/sR | 100MB/sW)***SPECIAL***
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
10x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£89)
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply & Case Cooling
CORSAIR 1000W MODULAR PSU (HX1000) 80+ ULTRA QUIET (£172)
Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Firewire & Video Editing
1 x IEEE 1394a FIREWIRE PORT ONBOARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£108)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY DISPATCH (£39)
Quantity

I have had to lose the memory card reader mind!

kayper

Bronze Level Poster
Could someone kindly confirm that this case is fine for the motherboard I have selected?

Also if I do not get the memory card reader, pcs checker does not allow me to select that for that motherboard anyway, then the front panel of 2 usb's and the e-satav connection will all work fine?

Also the memory at 1600 which I would like for this board, will there be any problems with the kingston brand?

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
HAF 932 is better than the antec 902 :)

While the HAF-932 does have slightly better cooling it's not strictly better as it lacks a dust filter on the 230mm intake fan which results in dust coming into the case, a problem that the 902 doesn't have. It also weighs 1.7kg more than the 902 which makes moving it more difficult.

kayper

Bronze Level Poster
Could someone kindly confirm that this case is fine for the motherboard I have selected?

Also if I do not get the memory card reader, pcs checker does not allow me to select that for that motherboard anyway, then the front panel of 2 usb's and the e-satav connection will all work fine?

Also the memory at 1600 which I would like for this board, will there be any problems with the kingston brand?

Not wanting to barge in on my own thread, with regard dust filters:), but can anyone answer my initial questions regarding my concerns with my spec. Thanks:)

Sleinous

Author Level
Yes ill step in on this one :)

So the RAM is fine, itll work so dw. I had Corsair in here on purchase in my asus r3 but that had to be rmad due to slight compatibility issues with the board.

Next esata is gonna work.

Next, if u chose a 52in1 card reader you will NOT have any working frontal usbs as they wont b plugged in. This is due to the board only having one internal usb header rather than the 2 found on the p6tx58 boards. This is easy to fix tho with an nzxt adapter bought from the link below:
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_3418.html

the pcs specer WILL allow u to select 52in1 reader IF you deselect the usb option - 6 usb min 2 front usb.

Hope all tht helps.

Last edited:

kayper

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks very much, great reply:)

I think I may lose the card reader, I have one on my printer, so will use that. Load camera pics into pc via printer. Will continue doing that. Camera will also connect via usb so I have that as an option.

New camcorder will link directly to front usb port to import hd movies just by copying them across, old camcorder needed a firewire and patience!!!!

The case will just about fit on my office desk space, most of them are too long! However the 902 will just fit.:)

Sleinous

Author Level
Thanks very much, great reply:)

I think I may lose the card reader, I have one on my printer, so will use that. Load camera pics into pc via printer. Will continue doing that. Camera will also connect via usb so I have that as an option.

New camcorder will link directly to front usb port to import hd movies just by copying them across, old camcorder needed a firewire and patience!!!!

The case will just about fit on my office desk space, most of them are too long! However the 902 will just fit.:)

Oki dokes, bet you cant wait for the new pc :p

Darko

well i used this one but black color.
images

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Just to confirm the Rampage III Extreme has one internal USB header, and will allow you to connect a maximum of two front USB ports/devices.