Valeon Custom Laptop GPU Watts ?

lemon969

I want to buy a laptop pc but without knowing a little more i can't take it .... Gpu depends mainly about its TDP or its wattage , So im looking to get Valeon 17.3' with ryzen 5900hx and 3070 gpu, but i dont know gpu tdp . Anyone ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I want to buy a laptop pc but without knowing a little more i can't take it .... Gpu depends mainly about its TDP or its wattage , So im looking to get Valeon 17.3' with ryzen 5900hx and 3070 gpu, but i dont know gpu tdp . Anyone ?
You’d need to search the chassis for a 3rd party review as it’s a brand new chassis, no one has it yet:

TongFang GM7ZG7M

D

Deleted member 17413

We did find one, "Promethius" model by a company called Eluktronics, there was a review about it in another thread recently.
Ill see if i can find it...

lemon969

thanks guys , i think thats it 140 w too gpu thats a beast . Most let 95 or 80w , these low tdp 3070 perform like 2060s

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
thanks guys , i think thats it 140 w too gpu thats a beast . Most let 95 or 80w , these low tdp 3070 perform like 2060s
They usually are the full fat GPUs in the TongFang chassis.
It’s a lovely spec, would absolutely destroy games for a long time to come.

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
I can confirm that it has the 140W RTX 3070 as my new Valeon can be configured up to that wattage . See my screenshot .

Kind Regards Christoffer

1619565409163.png

1619565502127.png

Macco26

Expert
Not the one shipped with the Valeon. Ask the owners. Only 3070 is topping at 140W as you say. 3080 is not.

Scanian

Bronze Level Poster
Not the one shipped with the Valeon. Ask the owners. Only 3070 is topping at 140W as you say. 3080 is not.

Well, I cannot guarantee about the Valeon. That was just an educated guess since it has max TDP on 3070. What I was saying is that there are laptops out there with 165W. Any idea why the 3080 on Valeon isn't?

Macco26

Expert
Instead you can confortably believe in what I say about the Valeon. I wouldn't speak without proof. ;)

It is not achieving 150W because.. well we don't know but probably they felt the thermal dissipation wasn't reliable enough for that, 24/7, I guess.
After all probably only a bunch of competitors attain the max 150+15 max, every other brand (Tongfang, etc.) does not and stop 15W less if not more.
Oh the Recoil 17 has 165W also. But that's more a Desktop replacement than anything else. 2 power brick for a reason. ;)

Scanian

Bronze Level Poster
Instead you can confortably believe in what I say about the Valeon. I wouldn't speak without proof. ;)

It is not achieving 150W because.. well we don't know but probably they felt the thermal dissipation wasn't reliable enough for that, 24/7, I guess.
After all probably only a bunch of competitors attain the max 150+15 max, every other brand (Tongfang, etc.) does not and stop 15W less if not more.
Oh the Recoil 17 has 165W also. But that's more a Desktop replacement than anything else. 2 power brick for a reason. ;)

I believe you. However, competitors with the same TongFang chassi does not share that assessment. Neither does competitors with different chassis. I am not sure if I am allowed to mention them here.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I believe you. However, competitors with the same TongFang chassi does not share that assessment. Neither does competitors with different chassis. I am not sure if I am allowed to mention them here.
No you're not, and this pointless bickering between you two isn't helping anyone.

Macco26

Expert
If you can provide me in PM me other Tongfang chassis that can boost its 3080 up to 165W I'd be delighted to know.

@ubuysa: frankly my statement goes straight in the direction of the OP title. Which is the GPU watts for Valeon. I stated that. Hope that is helping someone: the one who opened the thread.

Scanian

Bronze Level Poster
No you're not, and this pointless bickering between you two isn't helping anyone.

To me, this is not pointless bickering. It was news to me that the RTX 3080-version did not have the full 150+15 TDP, and I was trying to figure out why.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
@ubuysa: frankly my statement goes straight in the direction of the OP title. Which is the GPU watts for Valeon. I stated that. Hope that is helping someone: the one who opened the thread.
To me, this is not pointless bickering. It was news to me that the RTX 3080-version did not have the full 150+15 TDP, and I was trying to figure out why.
The last half dozen posts have been little more than "yes it is" followed by "no it isn't". What's the point of that?

You've both admitted that you don't know the full details...
It is not achieving 150W because.. well we don't know but probably.......
Well, I cannot guarantee about the Valeon. That was just an educated guess.......

Macco26

Expert
In my message you quoted I said I don't know their decision behind (as I don't work at Tongfang). But answered the question of the thread nonetheless. And it's the one correct.

Infact we had a PM-brief discussion between me and scanian and we all agree now that the final answer is:
ANY TONGFANG (so Valeon, Recoil 15, Ionico*) in 2021 can't get their RTX3080 to more than 135W + 15W wattage = 150W max.

You can polish the past messages if you wish. That's the final answer to this thread (as Valeon is included in the list above).

PS: Sadly it's hard to convince poeple with the enforced forum rule of avoid putting links to more clear informations if they are outside the PCS area. So as a consequence those threads require a bit more of posts to clear the air.

EDIT *: Ionico is even lower (should PCS sell the 3080 variant), as it's slimmer and it caps to 125W+15W = 140W as like as the RTX3070.