Valeon Custom Laptop GPU Watts ?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
PS: Sadly it's hard to convince poeple with the enforced forum rule of avoid putting links to more clear informations if they are outside the PCS area. So as a consequence those threads require a bit more of posts to clear the air.
These forums are not a debating chamber, this isn't a place to 'convince' people of anything.

You can post external links as long as they are not to PCS competitors or their products, that should be obvious - you can't use a forum that PCS pay for to advertise (even indirectly) a competitor's products.

I'm happy you had a PM discussion - TBH that's where this spat should have been from the start. I'm even happier that you've reached an agreement. Lets hope the OP is still alive around. :)

Scanian

Bronze Level Poster
In my message you quoted I said I don't know their decision behind (as I don't work at Tongfang). But answered the question of the thread nonetheless. And it's the one correct.

Infact we had a PM-brief discussion between me and scanian and we all agree now that the final answer is:
ANY TONGFANG (so Valeon, Recoil 15, Ionico*) in 2021 can't get their RTX3080 to more than 135W + 15W wattage = 150W max.

You can polish the past messages if you wish. That's the final answer to this thread (as Valeon is included in the list above).

PS: Sadly it's hard to convince poeple with the enforced forum rule of avoid putting links to more clear informations if they are outside the PCS area. So as a consequence those threads require a bit more of posts to clear the air.

EDIT *: Ionico is even lower (should PCS sell the 3080 variant), as it's slimmer and it caps to 125W+15W = 140W as like as the RTX3070.

I agree. No TongFang seems to go higher than that.