Valeon Windows 11 drivers and Control Center?

barlew

Godlike
When you say you're installing the windows 10 sound driver, is that the latest from realtek?
No it is the one from my PCS account. Is it easy to download the latest from Realtek?
Usually I just rely on windows update to install it but for whatever reason this audio driver is not installed that way.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No it is the one from my PCS account. Is it easy to download the latest from Realtek?
Usually I just rely on windows update to install it but for whatever reason this audio driver is not installed that way.
Automatic installation of drivers through windows update is reliant on the manufacturer having WHQL drivers registered with Microsoft update. TongFang don't seem particularly fast at this.

Best way is to find the latest drivers direct from realtek. You can find the exact chispet used via hardware ID in device manager on the device that hadn't installed.

barlew

Godlike
Automatic installation of drivers through windows update is reliant on the manufacturer having WHQL drivers registered with Microsoft update. TongFang don't seem particularly fast at this.

Best way is to find the latest drivers direct from realtek. You can find the exact chispet used via hardware ID in device manager on the device that hadn't installed.
Ok mate ill try give that a go thanks!

barlew

Godlike
Right after two installations of W11 later I have finally got it all working. For some reasons when installing CC on the first install of W11 the laptop bluescreened and required a complete reinstallation of Windows.

I can confirm that the new version of CC does work its v3.1.42.0 for those that are interested.
Weirdly I couldn't get the W11 version of SoundBlaster to work however (and even more weirdly) I have managed to get the W10 version to work.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Right after two installations of W11 later I have finally got it all working. For some reasons when installing CC on the first install of W11 the laptop bluescreened and required a complete reinstallation of Windows.

I can confirm that the new version of CC does work its v3.1.42.0 for those that are interested.
Weirdly I couldn't get the W11 version of SoundBlaster to work however (and even more weirdly) I have managed to get the W10 version to work.
Soundblaster is a very peculiar installation at the best of times, it's a bit pegged together I feel, perhaps that's the way with a lot of OEM software, but that one particularly has been problematic for a number of years now.

barlew

Godlike
Soundblaster is a very peculiar installation at the best of times, it's a bit pegged together I feel, perhaps that's the way with a lot of OEM software, but that one particularly has been problematic for a number of years now.
Yeh I spent a good while scouring the forums last night reading up on SB. It seems ridiculously picky about what driver it wants to work with to the point that it seems arbitrary.