Very Upset! Can someone help me please

MathersMahmood

Bronze Level Poster
Hello

I recently had a problem with my case. The front USB 3.0 slots were out of line so i sent it back to PCS to get fixed. Now its come back and the front headphone port doesnt seem to be working at all.

Can someone help me?

They were working perfectly before i sent it off :(

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Its probably just unpluged. I'd give pcs a bell and ask them to talk you through plugging it back in

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Why did they have to unplug it? Ive opened the side up all of the seta cables that need to be connected are. The 'HD audio' is also connected

sorry, im not saying that they did disconnect it. you should be able to follow the front panel cable from the front of the case around the back of the motherboard and into the bottom of the board. (unless you have a soundcard, then the cable needs to go into that) If it is connected, right click on the volume meter (win 7) playback devices and check all the devices are enabled. Also might be worth plugging your speakers into the rear of the mobo to check that you are getting sound that way.

MathersMahmood

Bronze Level Poster
sorry, im not saying that they did disconnect it. you should be able to follow the front panel cable from the front of the case around the back of the motherboard and into the bottom of the board. (unless you have a soundcard, then the cable needs to go into that) If it is connected, right click on the volume meter (win 7) playback devices and check all the devices are enabled. Also might be worth plugging your speakers into the rear of the mobo to check that you are getting sound that way.

Im getting sound from the back but not the top panel at the front of my case. It was working fine before i sent it back.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Im getting sound from the back but not the top panel at the front of my case. It was working fine before i sent it back.
As tom said,it's probably been disconnected,possibly accidentally or in transit.
If confident,have a look inside the case yourself,or alternatively give PCS a call.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear you are having issues since the RMA.
Can you take a screenshot of the realtek audio control panel with a speaker device plugged into the front port.

MathersMahmood

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry to hear you are having issues since the RMA.
Can you take a screenshot of the realtek audio control panel with a speaker device plugged into the front port.

I phoned up today and PCS even controlled my pc and they couldn't find the issue and it was very strange because everything in the pc was fine and working.

So im having to pack it up again and send it off for the second time. Hopefully it gets fixed and everything is ok because i didn't spend that much money to have these problems.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear that your order is on its way back to us. It sounds like it may be a loose connection between the cable and the ports themselves as you said it looked all connected.