Very worried about Yodel

Whitemonk

Don't worry - I'll be keeping an eye on Yodel's tracking webpage.............

Depending on what appears first thing tomorrow will decide what action I'll take.

This my first order with PCS (how often do you replace a PC?) and so far I've been impressed with their email updates.

I have an open mind with respect to delivery firms - most have slick operations when it comes to on-line tracking, but at the end of the day, it's the van/truck drivers and 'advisors' that determine the customers' perception of the overall service.

My worry is that the more my PC package is handled the greater risk there is for damage - I just hope that PCS have got their act together in the packaging department!

Whitemonk

Further update:

07:04 (today) Out for delivery (Enfield depot)............

Also Yodel added another tracking entry overnight:

14:00 (yesterday) Unable to get timely access

Wonder what that means, cos I was in all day.

Here for the wet weekend, perhaps?

Last edited:

onlynik

Enthusiast

Means they couldn't be bothered to deliver it and made up an excuse, has teh from the Royal Mail in the past.

Do you live in a flat or a block with security doors?

Whitemonk

Means they couldn't be bothered to deliver it and made up an excuse, has teh from the Royal Mail in the past.

Do you live in a flat or a block with security doors?

Yes, I do, but the numbers are well marked and the buzzer works. The buzzer is next to the room I was preparing to receive the new PC, so I would have definitely heard it.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
Further update:

07:04 (today) Out for delivery (Enfield depot)............

Sounds like B/S to me. Try calling them up and shouting, it usually works.

I'm currently waiting for my PC to arrive today. It apparently left Bristol out on delivery at 6am this morning, still no show despite only living 20 minutes away.

Rakk

The Awesome
It apparently left Bristol out on delivery at 6am this morning, still no show despite only living 20 minutes away.

They often do the furthest away deliveries first and go towards the closest, that way when they've done the last delivery, its not far to go home.

Corfate

Author Level
They often do the furthest away deliveries first and go towards the closest, that way when they've done the last delivery, its not far to go home.

That happened with me, the depot was 30 mins away, got my PC at 2:54pm :)

Went out for delivery at about 7AM :)

pr1s0ner

My delivery from the Bristol depot was superb, admittedly I did wait in all day and then at 7 o'clock I decided it wasn't coming and went out to predictably get a phone call saying they were at my house..... but the driver offered to call back in half an hour if I could get back :) every other couriers Ive dealt with that would have been a card thought the door, and a completely wasted day

Whitemonk

Panic over - arrived at 11:00 this morning - packaging intact - looks good inside - well done PCS.

Powered up and configuring it now - first forum entry on my new PC - whoopee..........

Mattyp

Enthusiast
My delivery from the Bristol depot was superb, admittedly I did wait in all day and then at 7 o'clock I decided it wasn't coming and went out to predictably get a phone call saying they were at my house..... but the driver offered to call back in half an hour if I could get back :) every other couriers Ive dealt with that would have been a card thought the door, and a completely wasted day

Mine apparently left Bristol at 6.15am though...if it took them 'til 7 to get here i'll be fuming!

I totally had a nap though, luckily they don't seem to have been!